All the Young
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All the Young
All The Young performing in Dundee in June 2012.
|Origin||Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, UK|
|Past members||Will Heaney|
All the Young (formerly called 'New Education') is a four-piece Alternative rock band from Stoke-on-Trent, UK. Led by Ryan Dooley (singer/songwriter) and his younger brother Jack Dooley (bass/vocals), the band have so far toured with Morrissey, Kaiser Chiefs, The 1975, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Courteeners, The Twang, The Pigeon Detectives and Hard-Fi, played headline shows in the UK, Ireland, Holland, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Iceland, Spain and Australia, and appeared at various major festivals such as V festival, Rockness, Hurricane Festival, The Great Escape Festival, British Summer Time (concerts) and Wakestock.
They released their debut album Welcome Home in April 2012, which they recorded with Garth Richardson at his farm studios in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The album was mixed by Rich Costey. It debuted at number 41 on the UK Albums Chart, peaking at number 32 during the midweek chart update. It was named on XFM's 'Best Albums of 2012' list.
In March 2014, Ryan and Jack Dooley announced that they would be taking a break from All the Young for the "foreseeable future", citing their struggle to replace original members Will Heaney and David Cartwright as the main reason. Ryan went on to play as a solo artist, before forming his own band Faraday. Jack joined Big City Beach alongside Matt Bowman of The Pigeon Detectives.
On 14 April 2019, All the Young announced they would be playing a one off show at Keele University on 7 September of that year in memory of their late friend Jackson Cummings, with all proceeds going to North Staffs Mind charity. The show raised nearly £8,000 for the charity due to strong ticket sales, and after this success the band announced they would be staying together for good with plans for gigs and new releases scheduled for 2020 and beyond.
- Ryan Dooley – vocals, guitar, keys, synth
- Jack Dooley – bass, vocals, guitar, percussion
- Ashley Harding – guitar, piano, vocals
- Welcome Home (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2012) #41
- "The First Time" (Warner Bros. UK, 2011)
- "Welcome Home" (Warner Bros. UK, 2011)
- "Live From King Tut's" (Warner Bros. UK, 2011)
- "Quiet Night In" (Warner Bros. UK, 2011)
- "The Horizon" (Warner Bros. UK, 2012)
- "You & I" (Warner Bros. UK, 2013)
- "Different Breed" (Midlands Calling UK, 2019)
- "Easily Led" (Midlands Calling UK, 2020)
- Welcome Home (Midlands Calling, 2011, Record Store Day 2011)
- The Horizon (Midlands Calling, 2012, Record Store Day 2012, Limited to 500 x 7")
- "The First Time"
- "Welcome Home"
- "Quiet Night In"
- "The Horizon"
- "Another Miracle"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "All the Young - Friends/comrades! We'd like to announce where we're at right now..."
- "Twitter / alltheyoung: Everyone say hello to our new drummer..."