All the Young
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All the Young
All The Young performing in Dundee in June 2012.
|Origin||Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, UK|
|Genres||Britpop Revival, Alternative Rock|
|Past members||Will Heaney|
All the Young (formerly called 'New Education') is a four-piece indie rock band from Stoke-on-Trent, UK. Led by Ryan Dooley (singer/songwriter) and his younger brother Jack Dooley (bass/vocals), the band have so far toured with Morrissey, Kaiser Chiefs, The 1975, The Courteeners and Hard-Fi, and played headline shows in the UK, Holland, France, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Spain and Australia.
They released their debut album 'Welcome Home' in April 2012, which they recorded with Garth Richardson at his farm studios in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The album was mixed by Rich Costey. It debuted at number 41 on the UK Albums Chart, peaking at number 32 during the midweek chart update. It was named on XFM's 'Best Albums of 2012' list.
In December 2013, All the Young announced brand new single 'You & I', released exclusively for Manchester United documentary film The Class of '92.
On 5 March 2014, Ryan and Jack Dooley announced that they would be taking a break from All the Young for the 'foreseeable future', citing their struggle to replace original members Will Heaney and David Cartwright as the main reason. Ryan has since launched a solo career whilst Jack sings and plays guitar in his own band, Broken Flags.
- "The First Time" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2011)
- "Welcome Home" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2011)
- "Live From King Tut's" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2011)
- "Quiet Night In" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2011)
- "The Horizon" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2012)
- "You & I" (Warner Bros. Records UK, 2013)
- 7 inches
- Welcome Home (Midland Calling, 2011, Record Store Day 2011)
- The Horizon (Midland Calling, 2012, Record Store Day 2012, Limited to 500 x 7")
- The First Time
- Welcome Home
- Quiet Night In
- The Horizon
- Another Miracle
- Ryan Dooley - Vocals, Guitar, Keys
- Jack Dooley - Bass, vocals, Guitar
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "All the Young - Friends/comrades! We'd like to announce where we're at right now..."
- "Twitter / alltheyoung: Everyone say hello to our new drummer..."