Almost Heroes (TV series)
|Created by||Ryan Belleville |
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (list of episodes)|
|Camera setup||Single-camera |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Entertainment One|
|Original release||June 2– July 21, 2011|
Almost Heroes was a Canadian comedy television series that premiered on June 2, 2011 on Showcase, and ran for one season (eight episodes) before being discontinued by Showcase at the beginning of the 2011 fall season. The series is centered on the lives of two brothers, Pete and Terry, played by Ryan Belleville and Paul Campbell, running their late father's comic book store, "The Silver Salmon". The series was created by brothers Jason Belleville and Ryan Belleville. The series also stars well-known Canadian comedian Colin Mochrie. Canadian comedian Fraser Young is one of the writers and story editors for the show.
After the death of their father, brothers Terry and Peter inherit his suburban comic book store. The older brother Terry, returning from dropping out of business school at Harvard, decides to stay and help manage the comic book store after learning that the store is deep in debt.
Cast and Characters
- Paul Campbell as Terry, a business student at Harvard who returns to his hometown to save his father's store
- Ryan Belleville as Pete, Terry's dimwitted but well-meaning younger brother
- Dave Hemstad as Dan, an owner of a neighboring sports store who bullies the brothers
- Lauren Ash as Bernie, a childhood friend of the brothers with a crush on Terry
- Meghan Heffern as Candi, Bernie's boss
- Athena Karkanis as Rayna, employee of the landlord
- Colin Mochrie as Boyd, a security guard at the strip mall
- Volmers, Eric (31 May 2011). "Calgary comic on fire in new role on Showcase series". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- Skinner, Justin (June 2, 2011). "Brothers bringing comedy to small screen". Toronto.com. East York Mirror. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Vlessing, Etan (September 16, 2011). "Showcase cancels Almost Heroes, brings back King and Lost Girl". Playback. Brunico Communications Ltd. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Volmers, Eric (1 June 2011). "Almost Heroes a labour of brotherly love". canada.com. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- Szklarski, Cassandra (31 May 2011). "Comedy brothers go from stand-up to sitcom with Showcase series, 'Almost Heroes'". Canadian Press. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- Young, Fraser. "Bio". Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- Chittenden, Brent (6 June 2011). "Canadian Comedy Spotlight: Fraser Young". Bite. Archived from the original on 2011-06-11. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- ""Almost Heroes" Terry and Peter vs. Girls". IMDB. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Almost Heroes (TV series)|