Alton, Nova Scotia
Alton (2006 pop.: 1,906) is a rural community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Colchester County. Alton is the location of a natural gas storage facility currently under construction from salt caverns. Environmental groups, some residents living near the cavern site and members of the Mi'kmaq community oppose the project.
- Nova Scotia Community Counts: Statistical profile
- Withers, Paul (March 15, 2018). "Alton natural gas storage project's in-service date is pushed back". CBC News. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- Campbell, Francis (March 16, 2018). "Alton Natural Gas storage plan delayed by a year". Truro Daily News. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- Alton Natural Gas Storage Project
- "Stop Alton Gas". Stop Alton Gas. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "Alton". Destination Nova Scotia. Archived from the original on 2005-01-08.
- "Communities". Municipality of the County of Colchester. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
|This Colchester County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|