Alvin P. Wegeman
Wegeman in 1952
|Born||March 1, 1927
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Died||May 30, 2015 (aged 88)
Colorado Springs, U.S.
Alvin Paul Wegeman (March 1, 1927 – May 30, 2015) was an American nordic combined skier. While on leave from the U.S. Navy, he competed in the Nordic combined event at the 1952 Winter Olympics, but fell on his third jump did not finish, and was hospitalized with a concussion. Wegeman also competed for the U.S. at the 1950 World Championships in Lake Placid, New York.
A native of Colorado, Wegeman attended the University of Denver and worked as a ski instructor in the Vail area. He later played a key role in instructing future American Winter Olympic athletes by developing the Steamboat Springs area, which would develop more Olympic athletes in Colorado.
Wegeman was inducted into the Colorado Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame in 1998. His late brother Keith was inducted into that Hall of Fame in 1989. Wegeman also has a niece, Katherine Kelly Lang, known for her portrayal of Brooke Logan on the American soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful since 1987.
- Paul Wegeman. sports-reference.com
- "Steamboat ski great Paul Wegeman dies at 88 in Colorado Springs". steamboattoday.com.
- "Austria and Norway sweep games; Yanks blanked". Spokesman-Review. Associated Press. February 18, 1952. p. 8.
- "Married cadet awaits orders". Spokesman-Review. Feb 26, 1952. p. 13.
- "Katy Rodolph marries airman". Spokesman-Review. Associated Press. February 23, 1956. p. 19.
- "Wedding bells for Katy". Milwaukee Sentinel. AP photo. February 24, 1956. p. 4-part 2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alvin P. Wegeman.|
- Colorado Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame – Paul Wegeman
|This biographical article relating to American winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Nordic skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|