Amadeus August  became famous throughout Europe as protagonist of the successful European TV series Quentin Durward (based on Walter Scott's novel of the same name) which was broadcast for the first time in 1971 and had later on some re-runs. Although it turned out that this role had already marked the peak of his career, he would still frequently be a guest star in TV shows, as for example Derrick. He also had a supporting role as Count of Haugwitz-Reventlow in The Barbara Hutton Story in 1987.
- "Ich schenk dir meine Zärtlichkeit". Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "Amadeus August as cover star of German journal Bravo". Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Quentin Durward (TV series) on IMDB". Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Amadeus August on IMDB". Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "The Barbara Hutton Story on IMDB". Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|This article about a German film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|