|Regent of Pekalongan|
26 June 2011 – 26 June 2016
|Preceded by||Siti Qomariyah|
|Succeeded by||Asip Kholbihi|
|Succeeded by||Siti Qomariyah|
|Born||5 October 1958|
Pekalongan, Central Java, Indonesia
Amat Antono (born 5 October 1958) is an Indonesian politician who served as the regent of Pekalongan Regency, Central Java for two terms, 2001-2006 and 2011-2016. Initially elected as regent of his home regency through a legislative vote, he lost in its first direct election to his deputy Siti Qomariyah before defeating her in 2011.
Amat Antono was born in Tegaldowo village, Tirto subdistrict, Pekalongan Regency on 5 October 1958. He graduated from Diponegoro University with a bachelors in 1984, and later a masters in 2006.:123 His wife Arini Harimurti was elected as vice regent in the 2016 local election. The couple has two children.
Before entering politics, Antono was a bureaucrat, working in the transmigration body at West Kalimantan's Sambas Regency. In 2001, he ran as a regent for his home regency with local academician Siti Qomariyah as his running mate, and the pair was voted 27-18 into office following a heated two-stage vote at the regency's legislative council.:114,123 In 2006, he ran for reelection against Qomariyah in Pekalongan's first direct regency election. Although he received the support of a coalition of 15 political parties including his party PDI-P, he would lose to Qomariyah, winning 207,705 votes to Qomariyah's 227,137.:123
Between his terms, he served in several offices, including head of an inter-regency coordination body, briefly as the acting regent of Tegal Regency, and as a special staff to the governor. He ran once more in 2011 and this time won 254,762 votes (54.75%), defeating Qomariyah following a campaign which strongly focused on infrastructure development programs.:139
- "Informasi Bakal Calon Anggota DPR - Amat Antono". kpu.go.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Dewi, Kurniawati Hastuti (2015). Indonesian Women and Local Politics: Islam, Gender and Networks in Post-Suharto Indonesia. NUS Press. ISBN 9789971698423. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Korupsi RSUD Kraton Pekalongan Diduga Mengalir ke Pemkab". Tribun Jateng (in Indonesian). 14 August 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Qomariyah-Pontjo Unggul". liputan6.com (in Indonesian). 29 May 2006. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Drs. H. Amat Antono, M.Si Dan Fadia Arafiq Dilantik Sebagai Bupati Dan Wakil Bupati Pekalongan Th. 2011-2016" (in Indonesian). 27 June 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Di Pekalongan Masyarakat Dilarang Buru Ular". Republika (in Indonesian). 23 March 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Pendukung Asip dan Arini Membludak Saat Prosesi Pelantikan Bupati Pekalongan". Tribun Jateng (in Indonesian). 27 June 2016. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "DCT Jawa Tengah X" (PDF). kpu.go.id (in Indonesian). General Elections Commission. Retrieved 29 October 2018.