|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Motto||Wiyata Hangreksa Gapuraning Nagara|
|Established||9 January 1957|
|Rector||Prof.Dr. Yos Johan Utama,S.H.,M.Hum.|
|1750 staff, 11 faculties|
|Students||38,503 (AY 2008)|
|Location||Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
|Affiliations||ASAIHL, AUAP, ASEA UNINET|
Diponegoro University (Indonesian: Universitas Diponegoro, abbreviated as Undip) is a public university located in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. Founded in 1957 as a private university by the Semarang University Foundation, it is a pioneer of higher learning institutions in Indonesia and the first and oldest education corporation in Central Java. It is a member of IDGHE (the so called Ivy League colleges) in Indonesia.
The establishment of Diponegoro University began in 1956, preceded by the establishment of the Semarang University Foundation. Its founding fathers were Imam Bardjo, Soedarto, Dan Sulaiman and Soesanto Kartoatmodjo.
Initially called Semarang University, the institution was re-named Diponegoro University in 1960 after it was granted state university accreditation by the Indonesian Government. The name "Diponegoro" is taken from the Indonesian patriot who fought against Dutch colonialism in the early 19th century.
During the year 2000 UNDIP expanded its engineering and research capabilities on its Tembalang campus. In the 2007 SQS university rankings Diponegoro University was ranked 487th in the world's top 500 universities, an improvement from 495th position in 2006. All teachers and lecturers possess a Masters/PhD degree.
Undip has 11 official faculties and 1 postgraduate program.
Undip accepted 30% of applicants for the class of 2004, by the program PSSB, UMPTN for undergraduate. Admission to a course and research-based postgraduate programme requires at least a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in the subject or related discipline. Programmes may require candidates to demonstrate readiness for postgraduate study through a specific standard of achievement. Programmes may specify relevant work experience as an additional admission requirement. Doctoral degrees require a Master’s degree from any institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate.
International applicants for admission to UNDIP's undergraduate program must have completed or are completing high school with a high qualification through the above methods. The medium of instruction for international classes at UNDIP is English. International students should understand the Indonesian language to be familiar with Indonesian culture. Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum level of English proficiency to enable them to benefit from an UNDIP education.
However, on 25 August 2005, Susilo Wibowo, Semarang’s Diponegoro University university rector, announced that it had stopped admitting Malaysian students for the 2009-10 academic year., This is done despite Ministry of National Education urging the state-run school to lift the policy, claiming that "Never waver in a decision once it’s made. We know the consequences,” Malaysia have since announce that Diponegoro University is no longer included in the list of university recognised by the Malaysian government. The news was duly reported in University World News, Global editions.
Undip is governed by one head of rector, with four vice rectors. The head rector is the day-to-day administrator of Undip and is appointed by and responsible to the university.
- Tembalang Campus is the largest and the newest campus, Tembalang, occupies about 213 hectares with an administrative center, Central library Widyapuraya, Engineering Faculty and facilitates, School of Science.
- Pleburan Campus is the oldest campus since the existed campuses were merged in its early establishment. The campus occupies a seven-hectare area, with the School of Social Sciences, Magister and Doctorate Program and some operational units.
- Gunung Brintik Campus has the School of Medicine located near Dr. Kariadi Hospital.
- Teluk Awur Campus (60 hectares) is in Jepara, 70 km northeast Semarang. The Teluk Awur Campus is the home of the Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science.
- Maskam (Masjid Kampus Undip) or Undip's Official Masque is at Tembalang campus, it's surrounded by a natural environment and nearby central campus' area. The architecture followed from Pyramid building and became one of the most unique masque in Semarang. The construction was beginning in 2005 and finishing in 2008.
- ICT Center is twin buildings with modern architecture. The building is following for International Office, Scholarship center, International Meeting Room, etc
- Training Center is following for public training center for students and lectures.
- Rusunawa is the dormitory student building. The building has 4 twin blocks.
- Building A has 84 rooms by following 252 students
- Building B, C and D have 96 rooms by following 288 students with 3 persons every room.
- Undip Library System is centered in Widyapuraya Central Library in Tembalang Campus and comprises over 400 individual libraries and over 4000 volumes. Faculties have department libraries and literature from Journal Alumni.
- Undip' Gas Station is a center of gas station at Diponegoro University area. It sponsored by Pertamina.
- Stadium is Rusunawa's neighbor. It located in south Undip area. The Stadium became the sport center of Undip students to participate in every sport event academically or non-academically.
- UKM Building is following for students member activists and official public organization activities Diponegoro University.
Some Alumni Undip title who crowned in the most prestigious title.
|Faculty||Name with Performance|
|Economics and Business||Burhanuddin Abdullah (Former Governor of Bank Indonesia)
Deddy Saiful Hadi (Dubes Qatar)
Hardiono (Vice President of BPMIGAS)
Kodradi (Former Director of Bank BTN)
Maryono (Director of Bank BTN)
Michael Bambang Hartono (owner of PT Djarum)
Robert Budi Hartono (owner of PT Djarum)
Sigit Pramono (Independent Commissars of Bank BCA)
Suwhono (Director of PT Pegadaian)
|Social and Political Sciences||Ali Mufiz (Governor Central Java year 2007-2008)
Nur Hidayat Sardini (President of Badan Pengawas Pemilihan Umum (BAWASLU, 2008-2011)
Wardana (Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia in 2011-2016)
|Law||Eman Suparman (Chairman of the Judicial Commission of the Republic of Indonesia in 2010-2015)
Hendarman Supandji (Attorney General RI years 2007-2010)
Muladi (governor of the National Resilience Institute of Indonesia in 2005-2011)
Soekarwo (Governor of East Java in 2009-2014)
Sudijono Sastroatmodjo (Former Rector Semarang State University)
Sukawi Sutarip (Semarang Mayor 2000-2005)
Taufiq Effendi Minister of State for Administrative Reform and Bureaucratic Reform of Indonesia in 2004-2009)
|Medicine||Tauhid Nur Azhar (Doctor and Writer)|
|Engineering||Bondan Winarno (Indonesian Culinary Expert)
Fayakhun Andriadi (commission of the House of Representatives 2009-2014, Fraction Golkar Party)
Harjanto Prabowo (Rector Bina Nusantara University Jakarta in 2009-2013)
|Public Health||Bhinuri Damawanti (Inspectorate General Secretary of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia)|
|Psychology||Darmanto Jatman (Professor Emeritus of Psychology Faculty of Diponegoro University, humanist, philosopher and poet Indonesia)|
International Publications and Citations of Diponegoro University have been updated by searching in the scientific indexing, i.e. SCOPUS, SCIRUS, ISI WEB KNOWLEDGE, etc.
- Total student enrollment in August 2008
- "Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific - List of the Members Universities". Auap.sut.ac.th. 2008-10-13. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Member Universities". Uibk.ac.at. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- admission requirement Website of Post Graduate Program of Diponegoro University
- Malaysians Unwelcome At Local University
- Undip No longer Admits Students from Malaysia.
- University Warned Anti-Malaysian Policy Could Come Back to Haunt It
- University Insists on Malaysian Ban
- Malaysia Balas Singkirkan Undip.
- INDONESIA: Discrimination against foreign students.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Universitas Diponegoro.|
- Official site
- Library site
- Repository site
- International Office site
- Student Evaluation site
- Awards site
- Journal site
- Training site
- LPPM site
- Multimedia site
- Radio Campus site