American Benefit Plan Administrators
American Benefit Plan Administrators, Inc. (ABPA), founded in 1951, is one of the oldest third party administration (TPA) firms in the US, mainly serving clients in the Taft-Hartley industry, pension plans and voluntary employee benefit associations (VEBA).
Prior to 2001, ABPA was publicly traded as part of PlanVista Corporation (Nasdaq: PVST). On June 18, 2001 ABPA went private when it was acquired by Sun Capital Partners, a private equity firm, through its affiliate HealthPlan Holdings, Inc.
After its acquisition by Sun Capital, ABPA's growth strategy has been based mostly on growth through acquisitions. As part of this strategy ABPA has acquired Administrative Services, Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia; OBA Midwest of Burr Ridge, Illinois; and Associated Administrators Inc. of Portland, Oregon.
- About ABPA at abpa.com. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- American Benefit Plan Administrators Company Information and Contacts at jigsaw.com. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- American Benefit Plan Administrators, Inc. snapshot at BusinessWeek.com. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- PlanVista Corp. Quarterly Report. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- Business Wire. American Benefit Plan Administrators Acquires the Taft Hartley Trust Fund Assets of Associated Administrators, Inc., August 23, 2005. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- HealthPlan Holdings, Inc. (HPHI) Acquires Miami-based TPA, Administrative Services, Inc., March 19, 2003. Retrieved 12 October 2008.