In 2003, after two successful runs of the play (in 1997 and 1998), the show's producers mounted the play again in New York City, with Darvish in the role of Mercury and play author Charles Messina directing.
BackStage said of Darvish's performance: "Amir Darvish brings an almost Shakespearean theatricality, sardonic humor, and passionate intensity to his interpretation." "Darvish...keeps you riveted throughout." "Darvish sustains the illusion right till the end in bravura fashion."
The show moved to the Triad Theater (also in New York City) in January, 2004.
- Darvish is of Persian descent.
- The American Astronaut (2001)
- Open Cam (2005)
- The Pink Panther (2006)
- Confessions (2006)
- The Atlas Mountains (2009)
- October Haze (2009)
- Trooper (2010)
- Month to Month (2011)
- Forbes, Harry (November 28, 2003). "Mercury: The Afterlife and Times of a Rock God". BackStage.
- Simonson, Robert (January 11, 2004). "Bohemian Rhapsody: Freddy Mercury Play Begins Performances Off Broadway, Jan. 11". Playbill.com. Archived from the original on October 21, 2012.
- "Amir Darvish". IMDb.com.
- "Grand Theft Auto IV (2008) (VG)". IMDb.com.
- Andronico, Michael (September 21, 2010). "Winners of 2010 IT Awards Announced". BackStage.com.