Number of locations
|Aberdeen, Coventry, Edinburgh, Houston|
|Divisions||Public Sector, Energy, Transport|
Amor Group was Scotland's largest independent business technology company, before being acquired by Lockheed Martin in September 2013. The business was formed after a £28 million management buyout of Glasgow based Real Time Engineering Ltd. and Aberdeen based Pragma, which were under the ownership of the French global IT firm Sword Business Technology Solutions ltd. The buyout attracted a Scottish business award for the 'deal of the year'.
In November 2010, the group purchased global managed services provider DW Technology Services Ltd.
In October 2011, the group purchased London healthcare IT firm, Invisys.
The group was headquartered in the former industrial tyre building of India of Inchinnan in Renfrewshire, although this was referred to by the company as the 'Glasgow Headquarters' on their corporate website. Other offices are based in Aberdeen, Daresbury, Dubai, Edinburgh, Coventry and Houston, Texas.
Amor Group operated in the Public, Energy and Transport sectors with clients including the National Health Service (NHS), Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), Centrica, and Oslo Airport. The group is a gold certified Microsoft partner.
Amor Group was a portfolio company of Growth Capital Partners.
- "Interview: John Innes, CEO of Amor Group". The Scotsman. 16 September 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Amor Group Builds Sales Strategy on the Sales Cloud". ScotlandIS. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Renfrewshire-based Amor Group sold to US technology giant". BBC News. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Smith, Mark (13 May 2009). "IT firms back in Scottish hands after £28m buyout". The Herald. Retrieved 6 June 2011..
- "DEALS AND DEALMAKERS 2010: Triumph for technology group as it takes two top prizes". Business Insider. 3 September 2010. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Amor Group acquires DW Technology Services". November 2010.
- "FS Walker Hughes sold in multi-million pound deal". Manchester Evening News. 12 July 2011.
- "GCP backed Amor Group pursues buy & build strategy in acquisition of FS Walker Hughes". 12 July 2011.
- "Amor buys healthcare IT company". 11 October 2011.
- "Amor Group Headquarters". Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Reid, Scott (13 May 2009). "Amor sets sights on rapid growth after £28m management buyout". The Scotsman (Edinburgh). Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Whitfield, Lyn (1 February 2011). "Amor Group builds for Golden Jubilee". E-Health Insider. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Computing, Government (30 March 2011). "OSCR signs for online system". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Gourley, Perry (24 May 2010). "Amor wins 5-year contract with Centrica worth £½m". The Scotsman. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Murden, Terry (27 April 2010). "Amor wins Oslo bidding to track air passengers". The Scotsman. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Microsoft Solution Finder". Microsoft. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Andrea Shalal-Esa (11 September 2013). "Lockheed acquires Amor group as part of global expansion plan". Reuters.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2015)|