The Portuguese investor Americo Amorim controls, directly or indirectly, 55% of Amorim Energia, the other 45% is owned by the offshore holding Esperanza, owned by the Angolan state oil company Sonangol and the investor Isabel dos Santos. Sindika Dokolo, husband of Miss dos Santos is member of the board.
Amorim Energia holds 33.34% of the share capital of Galp Energia, Portugal's only oil and gas operator.
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Key developments for Amorim Energia B.V. January 14, 2011
- European Commission: Directorate-General for Competition, page 3 November 19, 2009
- Bloomberg about Galp and its shareholders December 23, 2010
- Global witness: Link between Angolan president's son-in-law and state oil company raises questions about transparency March 15, 2010