Amroy Europe Oy
The roots of the company are in Nanoscience Center of University of Jyväskylä. In 2004 professor Jorma Virtanen and nanoscientist Pasi Keinänen developed a method to bond carbon nanotubes with resins utilizing strong covalent bonds. This resulted in development of Hybtonite.
Nanolab Systems Oy was established by the researchers. Their main focus area was nano particle synthesis technology and instruments for drug research.
Amroy Europe Oy was established in 2005 as spin-off of Nanolab Systems Oy.
First commercial product using Hybtonite was hockey stick "Nitro" by Montreal Sports Oy. It was voted number one Nano product in the world at the Nanotechnology 2006 show in Tokyo, Japan.
On December 2009, Amroy received Frost & Sullivan European Technology Innovation Award for its work on hybtonite.
In addition to Amroys own production, Hybtonite is manufactured under license in China.
Hybtonite is used for small size wind turbine blades by Eagle Windpower (Finland), and for large size windmill blades by Evergreen (China) and LM Glassfiber (Denmark).
One of the main application areas for Hybtonite is sports gear. Some examples of the manufacturers are Montreal Sports Oy (hockey sticks), Peltonen Sports (cross-country skis and roller skis), Karhu Sports (baseball bats), Easton (hunting arrows), Entropy Surfboards (surfboards), and Sport Lettmann (kayaks).
In marine applications, Hybtonite is used for laminating and for marine paints. Some of the users are Baltic Yachts and Cathay Yachts.
- "Nano Business Born in NSC". University of Jyväskylä, Nanoscience Center. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "History - Hybtonite Story". Amroy. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "From Spearheads to Hunting - Evaluation of Nano Programmes in Finland" (PDF), Raivio et al., Tekes (Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation), pp. Ch. 5.2, October 2010, retrieved 2010-11-27
- "Amroy receives European Technology Innovation Award for advanced nanotechnology". Finnfacts. 8 February 2010. Archived from the original on 25 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- Hoheisel, Werner (2008-09-24). "Nanotech for CO2-free energy generation" (PDF). Bayer Technology Services GmbH. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Supra-X / Infra-X". Peltonen Sports Oy. Retrieved 2010-11-27.