||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Enterprise mobility management, Mobile device management, Telecom expense management|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California
|Products||Mobile device security and apps management (MDM), Telecom expense management (TEM)|
Amtel, Inc. is a telecommunications management company based in Santa Clara, California providing cloud based mobile device security and expense management solutions. The company’s primary focus is on providing integrated enterprise mobility management secure messaging and telecom expense management (TEM) and [Secure messaging] software as a service for enterprises. Amtel’s SaaS solution for managing smart mobile devices allows organizations to manage mobile device security, mobile apps and fixed telecom services from a single Web based console. In 2011, the company was awarded Internet Telephony Magazine’s Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Award for the third straight year. In 2013, the company received a SIIA Software CODiE award for best enterprise mobile service.
Amtel was founded in 2004 with the aim of addressing challenges organizations face in managing mobile device security and telecommunication expenses. The company developed and marketed an integrated software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for telecom and mobile life cycle management.
The company’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (Smartphones, Tablets), Blackberry & Windows devices was launched in 2010. With this program, Amtel combined mobile device security management with mobile apps management into a telecom information management system (TIMS) platform.
The components of the system - [mobile device management], mobile expense management, and telecom expense management - could be set up separately or managed together from a single Web based console.
- Forrester cites Amtel as Strong Player in Global BYOD 2014 Wave Report
- Amtel Wins Prestigious SIIA CODiE Award (2013)
- Best Mobile Operations Management Solutions, finalist – SIIA CODiE Awards (2012)
- Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Award – Internet Telephony Magazine (2011, 2010, 2009)
- Product of the Year Award - Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine (2008)
- Bill Shock Coming to New iPad Owners – Byte Magazine
- The New iPad Could Create High-Speed Headaches for CIOs – Wall Street Journal
- Amtel's SaaS Assists Businesses Using New iPads to Stay Within Budget – TMCNet.com
- Amtel Breaks Out Biz, Personal Calls – InformationWeek
- 2011 Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Awards Winners Announced – TMCNet.com
- Free Service Offers Basic Enterprise Mobile Management – Computerworld Magazine
- Best Mobile Operations Management Solution Finalists – 2012 SIIA CODiE Awards Archived April 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Internet Telephony, TMC Announce TEM Excellence Award Winners – Internet Telephony Magazine
- Internet Telephony Announces TEM Award Winners – Internet Telephony Magazine