Anders Gravers Pedersen
Anders Gravers Pedersen (born 13 May 1960) is a Danish anti-Islam activist. He is the chairman and founder of Stop the Islamisation of Denmark (SIAD) and leader of Stop Islamisation of Europe (SIOE). He has also been part of the transatlantic connections between SIOE and Stop Islamization of America.[verification needed]
In March 2012, Gravers Pedersen participated in staging a rally and arranging an anti-Islamic conference along with the English Defence League in Århus. Two years earlier, in 2010, he was allegedly assaulted at a rally in Aalborg. In 2008 SIAD and Gravers Pedersen in the capacity of leading SIOE were each sentenced to pay fines of DKK 10,000 for violating a court order against using Kurt Westergaard's Muhammad cartoons at a rally.
Gravers Pedersen attempted to run for a seat in the Danish parliament, Folketinget, in 2012 and in 2009. He contested municipal elections in Aalborg in 2005 and gained 383 votes and the group Stop the Islamisation of Denmark [da] received a total of 1,172 votes. This represented less than 1% of the votes cast in the election. At the 2007 Danish Parliamentary Election Pedersen stood in Jutland and gained 73 votes.
- Line Prasz (March 30, 2012). "Anti-muslimer: Vi slår ikke først" [Anti-muslims: We won't strike first] (in Danish). Politiken. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- Lea Christel Jørgensen (September 2010). "Interview med Anders Gravers fra SIAD" [Interview with Anders Gravers of SIAD] (in Danish). Danmarks Radio. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- http://www.tv2nord.dk/artikel/121586:Krimi--Anders-Gravers-Pedersen-vaeltet-omkuld-under-demonstration Archived 2011-07-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Stor straf for misbrug av Muhammed-tegning" [Hard punishment for misuse of Muhammad cartoon]. Press release (in Danish). Dansk journalistforening. December 17, 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-10-29. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Dømt for at misbruge Muhammed-tegning" [Sentenced for misuse of Muhammad cartoon] (in Danish). Nordjyske. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Løsgænger ikke inviteret med til vælgermøder" [Partyless candidate not invited to voter rallies] (in Danish). Nordjyske. May 14, 2012. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Tobias Stern Johansen (February 21, 2009). "Islam-fjendsk forening vil i Folketinget" [Anti-islamic organisation runs for Folketinget] (in Danish). Kristeligt Dagblad. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Google Translate". Translate.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-09-15.. Summer Editors: Radical Right hooligan mobilization without success.
- "Google Translate". Translate.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-09-15.. Right-wing independents defeated, It was less than 100 personal votes to two independents who are known from immigrant-hostile associations. By Elisabeth Arnsdorf Haslund.