Anders Gronstedt, Ph.D. (born October 6, 1965) is a Swedish-born American author, public speaker and entrepreneur. He is an advocate of virtual reality and augmented reality training, transmedia storytelling and game-based learning and president of the Gronstedt Group.
Background and career
In 1997, he founded the Gronstedt Group. As president of this firm, he helps global companies like Google, Intuit, GE, United Healthcare, Deloitte, Dell, Avaya, American Eagle Outfitters, Microsoft, Kimberly-Clark, and government clients like the U.S. Department of Transportation and the City of New York improve performance with next-generation digital simulations, gaming, and immersive 3D virtual worlds. He is considered a learning visionary championing immersive learning approaches.
In 2000, Gronstedt wrote the book The Customer Century, based on hundreds of hours of in-depth interviews with senior marketing and corporate communications managers from top companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Ericsson, Philips, and Xerox about how to integrate communications.
His 2007 Harvard Business Review article chronicles how companies like EMC and IBM use podcasting to train employees.
Gronstedt has written three ATD Infoline monograms:
- Basics of Pod Casting (May, 2007)
- Training in Virtual Worlds (March, 2008)
- Learning Through Transmedia Storytelling (January, 2014) with Marc Ramos
Gronstedt wrote two chapters in The Handbook of Strategic Public Relations and Integrated Marketing Communications, Second Edition, and one chapter in Karl Kapp's The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Fieldbook: Ideas into Practice.
- Rio, Ave (March 8, 2018). "Bringing the Future Forward". Chief Learning Officer Magazine.
- Ramaswamy, Venkat; Ozcan, Kerimcan (2014). The Co-Creation Paradigm. Stanford Business Books. ISBN 978-0804789158.
- Halls, Jonathan (2012). Rapid Video Development for Trainers: How to Create Learning Videos Fast and Affordably. Association for Talent Development. ISBN 978-1562868116.
- Gronstedt, Anders (1994). Integrated communications at America's leading total quality management corporations.
- Schultz, Don E.; Gronstedt, Anders (Fall 1997). "Making Marcom an Investment". Marketing Management.
- Wright, Aliah D. (March 2, 2010). "Forget the Classroom: Turn to the Web for Innovative Learning Techniques". SHIRM.
- Johnson, Claire (June 9, 2016). "Learning! Champions: Setting the Pace". Elearning! Magazine.
- Weinstein, Margery (September 2016). "Are you game for learning?". Training Magazine.
- O’Driscoll, Tony (February 2018). "Training 2020: Riding the Waves of Change". Training Magazine.
- Ellis, Ryann (February 2018). "Get in the Driver's Seat: UPS Explores VR Training". ATD Insights.
- Seaton, Hugh (2018). VR Learning: A Primer for Learning & Development (eBook).
- Gronstedt, Anders (2000). The Customer Century: Lessons from World Class Companies in Integrated Communications. Routledge (Taylor & Francis). ISBN 0415921996.
- Gronstedt, Anders (June 2007). "Employees Get an Earful". Harvard Business Review.
- Gronstedt, Anders (May 3, 2007). Basics Of Pod Casting (Infoline ASTD). ASTD. ISBN 978-1562864880.
- Gronstedt, Anders (February 14, 2008). Training in Virtual Worlds (Infoline ASTD). ASTD. ISBN 978-1562865221.
- Gronstedt, Anders; Ramos, Marc (January 7, 2014). Learning Through Transmedia Storytelling (Infoline). ASTD. ISBN 978-1562869519.
- Caywood, Clark (January 18, 2012). The Handbook of Strategic Public Relations and Integrated Marketing Communications, Second Edition. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-0071767460.
- Kapp, Karl (November 11, 2013). The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Fieldbook: Ideas into Practice Paperback. Pfeiffer. ISBN 978-1118674437.
- Gronstedt, Anders (June 2016). "From Immersion to Presence". TD Magazine.
- Gronstedt, Anders (July 2016). "Chasing Pokémon Can Help You Catch Learning". CLO Magazine.