View from downstream
|Owner(s)||Korea Water Resources Corporation|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, rock-fill|
|Height||83 m (272 ft)|
|Length||612 m (2,008 ft)|
|Width (crest)||8 m (26 ft)|
|Width (base)||200 m (656 ft)|
|Total capacity||1,248,000,000 m3 (1,011,770 acre⋅ft)|
|Active capacity||1,000,000,000 m3 (810,713 acre⋅ft)|
|Surface area||60 km2 (23 sq mi)|
|Turbines||2 x 45 MW reversible|
|Installed capacity||90 MW|
The purpose of the dam is flood control, water supply and hydroelectric power generation. Construction of the dam began in 1971 and was complete in 1976. The 83 m (272 ft) tall rock-fill, central clay core dam withholds a reservoir of 1,248,000,000 m3 (1,011,770 acre⋅ft) and provides water to an 90 MW pumped-storage power station. The lower reservoir (afterbay) for the power station is created by a 20 m (66 ft) high and 238 m (781 ft) long weir. The power plant is operated by the Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power (KHNP) organisation.
- "Andong Dam Multi-Purpose Development Project". SMEC Holdings. Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Andong Dam (안동댐) | Official Korea Tourism Organization". english.visitkorea.or.kr. Retrieved 2019-05-27.
- Lee, Soontak. "Dam-Break Flood Risk Management: Nakdong River Case Studies" (PDF). Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Andong Multipurpose Dam". Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering GyeongSang National University. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Andong PS Hydroelectric Power Plant South Korea - GEO". globalenergyobservatory.org. Retrieved 2019-05-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andong Dam.|