This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Writer, Professor, Investor|
|Known for||Founder, Ebuzzing|
|Website||Andrea Febbraio on LinkedIn|
Andrea Febbraio is an Italian entrepreneur, writer, professor, and investor. He is the founder of PromoDigital, a company he later sold for four times its revenues after two years of operation. Febbraio also co-founded Ebuzzing (now known as "Teads"), a video adtech company he led from startup to $100 million in revenue after four years of operation.
As a writer, Febbraio is the co-author of Viral Video: Content is King, Distribution is Queen and Buzz Marketing Nei Social Media, business books in the field of digital marketing and social media. Febbraio is an angel investor and venture capitalist as well as a senior lecturer at SDA Bocconi School of Management and LUISS Business School. His success as an entrepreneur was documented in the book Startup di successo, a book detailing 20 years of Italy's internet entrepreneurs.
Febbraio began his career working at internet platform and digital media agencies during the dot-com boom in the 1990s. He is an economics graduate and became a business school lecturer in 2010. Febbraio is the former CEO of PromoDigital, an online advertising company he founded in 2008. The company was the first buzz marketing platform in Italy and was sold two years later to the Wikio Group, Europe's top blog ranking service.
Febbraio is the co-founder of Ebuzzing (now known as "Teads"), a video adtech company he launched in 2010. The company creates video advertising for companies and is credited as the creator of "outstream video." The company had revenues of $67.5 million in 2013, operating in the United States, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Ebuzzing has created campaigns for major brands that includes Heineken, Acer, LG, and Evian. The content it creates is distributed through 20,000 media, websites, social media sites, and mobile apps. Febbraio remained with the company as the vice president of sales through 2014 when the company's revenue topped $100 million for that year.
Febbraio's expanded his career to encompass that of an educator in 2010. He is a senior lecturer at SDA Bocconi School of Management and LUISS Business School where he teaches M.B.A. students. He is also a professional speaker, previously speaking at events such as the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Social Media Week, I Strategy, and IAB Forum. His investing career is that of an angel investor as well as a partner in the venture capital firm Adriadne Capital.
As a writer, Febbraio has published two books. The first is Buzz Marketing Nei Social Media, a business book about buzz marketing in social media that was published in 2009. In 2014, he co-authored Viral Video: Content is King, Distribution is Queen along with Dario Caiazzo and Umberto Lisiero.
|2013||Viral Video: Content is King, Distribution is Queen||ISBN 9788867050987||Co-author with Dario Caiazzo and Umberto Lisiero, published by Ledizioni|
|2009||Buzz Marketing Nei Social Media||ISBN 9788895962375||Published by Fausto Lupetti Editore|
- "Ebuzzing, Inread Il Primo Formato A Rivestire Le Caratteristiche Della Filosofia View-To-Play" (in Italian). Pubblicita Italia. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Caliendo, Alessia (24 March 2014). "Moda e lifestyle. Start with yourself...ie" (in Italian). Interno. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Murray, Seb (4 February 2015). "B-School Professor Disrupts Advertising With $100M Technology Start-Up". Business Because. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Di Turi, Nicola (25 April 2014). "Vuoi fare la tua startup? Iscriviti all'università" (in Italian). Wired. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Startup di successo, in un libro il who's who degli innovatori italiani" (in Italian). Economy Up. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Intervista ad Andrea Febbraio (PromoDigital)" (in Italian). Tagliaerbe. 25 March 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Wikio and PromoDigital Joine Forces". TMC Net. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Hashemi, Jessica (2 October 2014). "Entrepreneur profile: Andrea Febbraio, Ebuzzing & Teads". Entrepreneur Country Global. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Daly, Mike (12 February 2014). "Ebuzzing Posts $67.5 Million In Revenue Following US Expansion". Adotas. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Stellone, Vincenzo (6 February 2014). "Andrea Febbraio: Video Mobile il mantra del 2014" (in Italian). Engage. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Ebuzzing Protagonista Al Festival Di #Cannes". Teads. Archived from the original on 4 April 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Andrea Febbraio". Social Media Week. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "The Hague 13". I Strategy. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "IAB Forum 2011 - Andrea Febbraio". My Marketing. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Andrea Febbrai". Angel. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "About The Team". Adriadne Capital. Archived from the original on 22 March 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Russo, Roberto (4 April 2013). "L'informzione al tempo dei social network e dei video virali". BooksBlog. Retrieved 27 March 2015.