Andrea Portes is a bestselling novelist. Her novels include: Hick, Bury This, Anatomy of a Misfit, The Fall of Butterflies, This is Not a Ghost Story, Liberty, Henry and Eva and The Castle on the Cliff, Henry and Eva and the Famous People Ghosts and the upcoming literary fiction novels A Terrible Place for Murders and They Were Like Wolves.
Portes was raised in rural Nebraska, in a dilapidated farmhouse outside of Lincoln. She later attended Bryn Mawr College. After graduation, Portes moved to the neighborhood of Echo Park in Los Angeles. She has lived ever since on the east side in Echo Park, Silver Lake and Los Feliz.
In 2007, Portes published her debut novel Hick, which was an instant best seller. After the book's success, the movie adaptation of Hick went into production in 2011. The film, starring Chloë Grace Moretz, Alec Baldwin, Eddie Redmayne, Juliette Lewis and Blake Lively premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2011.
Portes' third novel, the critically lauded Anatomy of a Misfit, was published in September 2014 by HarperCollins. In July 2014, the book was optioned in a pre-emptive deal by Paramount Pictures.
In Winter 2015, Portes' spy series,Liberty, was bought in a three-book deal by HarperCollins. Twentieth Century Fox - Fox 2000 acquired the rights and will be producing with Wyck Godfrey and TEMPLE HILL. Liberty, was published by HarperCollins in 2017.
Andrea's fourth novel, The Fall of Butterflies, was released to critical acclaim in May 2016.
During the pandemic, Portes' standalone novel This is Not a Ghost Story was released to critical acclaim and immediately optioned by Stone River Pictures. The rest of the pandemic consisted of Portes writing her next two upcoming literary fiction novels: A Terrible Place for Murders and They Were Like Wolves.
In 2022, with HarperCollins, Portes will publish the first of a yet untitled YA Fantasy Series. This will be followed up by a dystopian series, rumored, also, to be with HarperCollins. Her literary fiction novel A Terrible Place for Murders has a pub date of 2023. They Were Like Wolves has a pub date of 2024.
- Bryn Mawr Alumni News blog, March 12, 2014
- Portes, Andrea (2007). Hick. ISBN 978-1932961324.
- "Los Angeles Times Best Sellers". Buena Park Library District.
- "Andrea Portes IMDb". IMDb.
- "'Anatomy of a Misfit,' by Andrea Portes". The New York Times. 2014-08-22. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- Fleming, Mike (2014-07-01). "YA Novel 'Anatomy Of A Misfit' Stirs Pre-July 4th Fireworks". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- Fleming, Mike (2015-02-13). "'Liberty' Book Deal Continues Unusual Author-Screenwriter Collaboration". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- Fleming, Mike (2015-06-12). "Andrea Portes Novel 'Liberty' Lands At Fox 2000 & Temple Hill". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Publishers Weekly".
- Dave McNary (2016-02-26). "Andrea Portes Setting Up 'Henry and Eva' as Movie Franchise". Variety. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (June 2017)
- NY TIMES on BURY THIS
- NY TIMES on ANATOMY OF A MISFIT
- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY on ANATOMY OF A MISFIT
- ANATOMY OF A MISFIT- HOLLYWOOD BIDDING WAR
- Andrea Portes WordPress
- Jezebel on Hick
- The Rumpus Interview with Andrea Portes
- Huffington Post Interview with Andrea Portes
- SENSIBLE REASON BOOK REVIEW on BURY THIS
- Publishers Weekly Interview with Andrea Portes
- Kirkus Interview with Andrea Portes