This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Berkeley, California|
|Distribution||Publishers Group West|
|Key people||Charlie Winton, CEO
Jack Shoemaker, Vice President, Editorial director
Richard Nash, Executive Editor
|Imprints||Counterpoint Press, Soft Skull Press|
Counterpoint LLC is a publishing company distributed by Perseus Books Group launched in 2007. It was formed from the consolidation of three presses: Perseus' Counterpoint Press, Avalon Publishing Group's Shoemaker & Hoard and the independent Soft Skull Press. The company publishes books under the Counterpoint Press and Soft Skull Press imprints. Counterpoint also entered into an agreement for the production, marketing and distribution of approximately eight Sierra Club book titles each year. Both Wendell Berry and poet Gary Snyder are investors in Counterpoint, with both of their works currently being published by the Counterpoint imprint. Jack Shoemaker, Vice-president and editorial director of Counterpoint, has worked with both authors in other companies for more than thirty years.
- Fost, Dan (2002-12-12). "Jack Shoemaker starts new book venture: Loyal authors follow him to division of Avalon Publishing". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Italie, Hillel (2007-05-10). "Publisher Perseus Announces Layoffs". Fox News. Archived from the original on January 22, 2016. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Jain, Priya (2007-06-21). "The struggle for independents". Salon.com. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Kinsella, Bridget (2007-05-10). "Winton, Shoemaker & Co. Buys Counterpoint". Publishers Weekly. Archived from the original on October 9, 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Kinsella, Bridget (2007-05-16). "Winton Buys Soft Skull Press". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Kinsella, Bridget (2007-08-16). "Counterpoint, Sierra Club Team Up". Publisher's Weekly. Archived from the original on 2016-01-22. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Maher, John (2016-05-16). "Counterpoint, OR Books Partner on New Fall List". Publisher's Weekly.
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|