Andy Lee (snooker player)
Paul Hunter Classic 2018
|Born||27 November 1980|
|Sport country|| England (former) |
|Highest ranking||83 (2008/2009)|
|123 (as of 10 December 2018)|
2007 PIOS - Event 5
|Best ranking finish||Last 64 (x4)|
He qualified for the main tour for the 2008/2009 season by beating Adam Duffy 6–3 in the 2008 English Pro Ticket Tour Play-offs. In his début season, he reached the last 64 of the Royal London Watches Grand Prix, beating Lewis Roberts 5–2 and Barry Pinches 5–4 before losing 2–5 to Jimmy Michie; in the China Open, Lee beat Matthew Selt and Paul Davies before losing at the same stage to Gerard Greene. Having earned £5,000 in prize money, Lee finished the season ranked 83rd and was relegated from the main tour.
As an amateur, Lee competed in the Players Tour Championship series between 2010 and 2016, without any success. He entered Q-School in 2018 in an attempt to win back a place on the main tour; in Event 1, he lost in the last 32, 0–4 to Thor Chuan Leong. He progressed one round further in Event 2, being eliminated 1–4 by Lu Ning in the last 16. At the final event, he beat Kuldesh Johal 4–2 in the quarter-finals to regain his professional status after a hiatus of nine years.
Lee was born in the United Kingdom, to parents who were emigrated from Hong Kong to the UK in 1975. His father was a Hong Kong policeman. He was educated at John Cleveland College and De Montfort University.
Performance and rankings timeline
|Ranking||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 2]||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 1]||[nb 2]|
|Riga Masters||Tournament Not Held||A||A||LQ|
|World Open[nb 3]||A||A||A||LQ||A||A||A||A||A||1R|
|Paul Hunter Classic||Not Held||PA||Minor-Ranking||LQ||A||1R|
|China Championship||Tournament Not Held||NR||A||LQ|
|European Masters[nb 4]||A||A||A||Tournament Not Held||A||A||LQ|
|English Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A||1R|
|International Championship||Tournament Not Held||A||A||A||LQ|
|Northern Ireland Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A||1R|
|Scottish Open[nb 5]||A||A||A||Not Held||MR||A||A||1R|
|German Masters||NR||Not Held||A||A||A||A||A|
|World Grand Prix||Tournament Not Held||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Shoot-Out||Tournament Not Held||NR||A||A|
|Indian Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A||LQ|
|Players Championship[nb 6]||Tournament Not Held||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|Gibraltar Open||Tournament Not Held||A||A|
|Tour Championship||Tournament Not Held|
|China Open[nb 7]||A||Not Held||LQ||A||A||A||A||A|
|Variant format tournaments|
|Six-red World Championship||Not Held||A||A||A||RR||A||RR||A|
|Former ranking tournaments|
|Northern Ireland Trophy||Not Held||LQ||Tournament Not Held|
|Bahrain Championship||Not Held||LQ||Tournament Not Held|
|Shanghai Masters||Not Held||LQ||A||A||A||A||A||NR|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|RV / Ranking & Variant Format Event||means an event is/was a ranking & variant format event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
|PA / Pro-am Event||means an event is/was a pro-am event.|
|VF / Variant Format Event||means an event is/was a variant format event.|
- He was an amateur.
- New players on the Main Tour don't have a ranking.
- The event was called the Grand Prix (1998/1999 and 2008/2009), the LG Cup (2002/2003 and 2003/2004)
- The event was called the Irish Open (1998/1999)
- The event was called the Players Championship (2003/2004)
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Finals (2010/2011–2012/2013)
- The event was called the China International (1998/1999)
- IBSF World Team Snooker Championships - 2014
- Hong Kong 6-Red Open Championship - 2011, 2013, 2017
- Hong Kong Snooker Open Championship - 2012 (Event 2), 2013 (Event 1, Event 3), 2016 (Event 2), 2017 (Event 2), 2018 (Event 1)
- "CueTracker - Career Total Statistics For Andy Lee - Professional Results - Snooker Results & Statistics". Cuetracker.net. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Results (Q School 3 2018) - snooker.org
- "Hinckley snooker star Andy Lee's future looks bright". Hinckley Times. 5 March 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Elite Athletes". Hong Kong Billiard Sports Control Council Co., Ltd. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andy Lee (snooker player).|
- Andy Lee at CueTracker: Snooker Results & Statistics Database
- Profile on Pro Snooker Blog
- Profile on World Snooker[permanent dead link]