This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Angela Cappetta (born 1974) is an American photographer.
Life and work
Cappetta produced a series entitled Glendalis, a multi-year documentary of a young girl growing up in a Latin American community in New York City. Glendalis, was included in Nosotras: Portraits of Latinas, a group exhibition of the work of 8 photographers at University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2010; The Grace Museum, Abilene; Sonoma County Museum, 2010; and Museo Alameda in San Antonio.
In 2019 Jonathan Feinstein of Vice profiled her little-known self-portraiture work. "For years, between commercial shoots and documentary projects, Angela Cappetta has photographed on the fly, grabbing in-between moments with New York City's chaotic landscape as her backdrop. On a bus, in a cab, somewhere where the available light is convenient and works, Cappetta makes self-portraits wherever she is. "I always shoot cars,” Cappetta says. "I will always shoot an interior. And then I always shoot myself. It's not very complicated, and it's always something available to shoot."
- Fellowship, New York Foundation for the Arts, 2000
- Fellowships at the MacDowell Colony in 2000, 2004 and 2010
Cappetta's work is held in the following public collections:
- New York Public Library: 4 prints from Glendalis (as of August 2018)
- Center for Photography at Woodstock: 6 prints from Glendalis (as of January 2019)
- Portraits of Latinas Open Oct. 21 University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 12 October 2010. Accessed 18 April 2014.[dead link]
- Welcome to Mid-America Arts Alliance! Archived April 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2012-02-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Faculty: Angela Cappetta". International Center of Photography. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- Feinstein, Jonathan. "Seven Photographers Bring New Energy to Self-Portraiture". Vice. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "NYFA: New York Foundation for the Arts: Directory of Artists' Fellows: 1985-2013" (PDF). New York Foundation for the Arts. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- Angela Cappetta". MacDowell Colony. Accessed 17 February 2018.
- Prints & Photographs Online Catalog. New York Public Library, 2012.
- "Angela Cappetta, Glendalis". Center for Photography at Woodstock. January 2019.[dead link]