Angus MacDonnell, (Irish: Aonghas Uaimhreach, English: Angus the Haughty), was a son of Alexander MacDonnell, Lord of Islay and Kintyre (Cantire), and Catherine, daughter of the Lord of Ardnamurchan. He was killed during the battle of Glentasie on 2 May 1565.
He had the following:
- Ranald, died in 1595 at the Route, and was buried at Bonamargy Friary.
- Alexander, who had a son, Ranald Og, who fought with Alasdair Mac Colla during the War of the Three Kingdoms.
- "Annals of the Four Masters M1565.4". CELT: The Corpus of Electronic Texts. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- A. MacDonald, et al. p.376.
- Macdonald, Angus; Macdonald, Archibald (1900). The Clan Donald. 3. Inverness: The Northern Counties Publishing Company, Ltd.