Dongre in 2015
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Education||Fashion Design SNDT Women's University in Mumbai 1998|
Anita Dongre (born 3 October 1963) is an Indian fashion designer and is the founder of House of Anita Dongre, an Indian fashion house. She was born and raised in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.Her designs are available under four distinct brands, which are AND (Western wear), Global Desi (ethnic wear), Anita Dongre (bridal, couture prêt, menswear), and Anita Dongre Grassroot (organic clothes). Along with couture brands, she launched her jewellery brand Anita Dongre Pink City, which also features under House of Anita Dongre.
In the year 2015, And Designs India Limited re-branded itself as House of Anita Dongre in line with global fashion houses. All of Dongre's portfolio of brands furnish under this name.
House of Anita Dongre currently shelters AND (western wear), Global Desi (boho-chic brand inspired by the folk tales of India), and her signature label ANITA DONGRE. She has recently introduced Anita Dongre Grassroot to her fashion house, which is a sustainable and eco-conscious luxury pret label paying tribute to the handcrafted traditions of India. She is also the founder of Pink City, a handcrafted jadau fine jewellery brand .
Dongre's brother and sister handle the operations of the business, while she focuses on the design front. She features as the Chief Creative Officer of the company and designs clothes for both Bollywood celebrities and royalties.
Dongre is a vegan activist and a member of the animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). All her products are cruelty-free, namely she does not use any leather or cashmere in any of them at House of Anita Dongre.
Anita Dongre is married to Pravin Dongre, a businessman and has a son named Yash Dongre, who is also a part of Dongre's business.
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2008, she received the GR8 Flo Women Achievers Award for ‘Excellence in Fashion Design’.
- In 2013, The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies Organization, Bombay Chapter, presented an award to Dongre for ‘Excellence in Fashion Design’.
- In 2014, she received the EY Entrepreneur of the year award.
- She received the Pantene Shine Award for helping women shine.
- "Designer Anita Dongre is a runway hit". 14 March 2017 – via Forbes India.
- "Interview - I find inspiration in everything: Anita Dongre". 5 December 2013 – via ZEE News India.
- "Anita Dongre Gives Us an Insider View of the Business of Fashion". 17 February 2015 – via IDIVA.
- "Grand designs". 1 December 2013. Archived from the original on 28 September 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2017 – via Telegraph India.
- "Ace Fashion Designer Anita Dongre Honoured with PETA Award for Refusing to Use Leather and Cashmere in Her Designs". 21 November 2016 – via Peta India.
- Hariharan, Sudha (24 November 2016). "Anita Dongre: Fashion With A Conscience". Woman's Era. Archived from the original on 21 September 2018. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Drafting New Designs". 31 August 2014 – via Business Today.
- "Excellence in Fashion Design" (PDF). January 2017 – via FICCIFLO.
- "POWER DESIGNER: ANITA DONGRE". 19 June 2014 – via VERVE Magazine.
- "Anita Dongre (AND Designs India Limited), EY EOY 2014 Award Finalist". 23 February 2015 – via EY INDIA.
- "Pantene repositions itself as the brand that helps women 'shine'". 21 September 2006 – via afaqs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anita Dongre.|