|Education||Fashion Design SNDT Women's University in Mumbai 1998|
Anita Dongre (born 3 October 1963) is an Indian fashion designer. She is the founder of House of Anita Dongre, an Indian fashion house.
Dongre was born in Mumbai, in the state of Maharashtra. Her mother, Pushpa Sawlani, used to stitch clothes for Anita and her 5 siblings when they were kids. Later in life, Anita studied fashion design at SNDT college located in Mumbai. She pursued a Degree course in Fashion designing.
House of Anita Dongre currently shelters AND (western wear), Global Desi (boho-chic brand inspired by the folk tales of India), and her signature label ANITA DONGRE. She has recently introduced Anita Dongre Grassroot to her fashion house. She is also the founder of Pink City, a jadau fine jewellery brand.
On March 28, 2019, the Board of House of Anita Dongre Limited (HOADL), as part of its corporate restructuring, transferred the businesses under its two brands, AND and Global Desi under a slump sale arrangement to a newly formed wholly-owned subsidiary, Ochre and Black Private Limited (OBPL) - effective April 01, 2019. HOADL will continue to manage the business under its two brands - Anita Dongre and Grassroot.</ref> https://www.icra.in/Rationale/ShowRationaleReport?Id=87212
Dongre's brother and sister handle the operations of the business, while she focuses on the design front. She features as the Chief Creative Officer of the company.
Anita Dongre is married to Pravin Dongre, a businessman and has a son named Yash Dongre, who is also a part of Dongre's business.
Awards and recognitions
- In 2008, she received the GR8 Flo Women Achievers Award for ‘Excellence in Fashion Design’.
- In 2013, The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies Organization, Bombay Chapter, presented an award to Dongre for ‘Excellence in Fashion Design’.
- In 2014, she received the EY Entrepreneur of the year award.
- She received the Pantene Shine Award for helping women shine.
- "SNDT Women's University". sndt.ac.in. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Anita Dongre : journey of a poor girl to a renowned fashion designer". newstrend.news. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- "Designer Anita Dongre is a runway hit". 14 March 2017 – via Forbes India.
- "Interview - I find inspiration in everything: Anita Dongre". 5 December 2013 – via ZEE News India.
- "Anita Dongre Gives Us an Insider View of the Business of Fashion". 17 February 2015 – via IDIVA.
- "Grand designs". 1 December 2013. Archived from the original on 28 September 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2017 – via Telegraph India.
- "Drafting New Designs". 31 August 2014 – via Business Today.
- "Ace Fashion Designer Anita Dongre Honoured with PETA Award for Refusing to Use Leather and Cashmere in Her Designs". 21 November 2016 – via Peta India.
- "Excellence in Fashion Design" (PDF). January 2017 – via FICCIFLO.
- "POWER DESIGNER: ANITA DONGRE". 19 June 2014 – via VERVE Magazine.
- "Anita Dongre (AND Designs India Limited), EY EOY 2014 Award Finalist". 23 February 2015 – via EY INDIA.
- "Pantene repositions itself as the brand that helps women 'shine'". 21 September 2006 – via afaqs.