February 10, 1990 |
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Founder & Chairman, Kairos Society
Founder & CEO, Humin
Jain is also the founder & CEO of Humin, a technology company based in Silicon Valley that is behind the mobile contacts application, Humin, as well as the application, Knock Knock. Jain's contacts app, Humin, has been referred to as a "Social Operating System"  and has been named one of the "Top 100 Greatest Innovations of 2014" by Popular Science. Jain has been credited with getting celebrity backers including Richard Branson, will.i.am, and Ari Emanuel behind the company.
In 2011, Inc. magazine named Ankur Jain the "Best Connected 21-Year-Old in the World" and awarded Jain "30 Under 30". In 2012, Jain was also named 30 under 30 by CSM. and in 2015, he and his co-founder, David Wyler, were named 30 under 30 by Forbes.
Ankur Jain was born in Bellevue, Washington to parents from India. He is the son of InfoSpace founder Naveen Jain and Anu Jain, vice president of community relations for Intelius. Jain graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in May 2011.
Ankur Jain is the founder and chairman of Kairos Society. The Kairos Society runs a fellowship program that brings together undergraduate entrepreneurs from around the world to set-up ventures. In early 2011, Kairos hosted its third annual global summit at the United Nations, New York Stock Exchange, and Rockefeller Estate, and showcased 50 of the most innovative ventures launched by the Society’s fellows that year. In April 2011, the Society hosted its Europe Summit in The Hague, Netherlands, in partnership with the inaugural World Foresight Forum.
Jain was selected as one of 80 students (out of 1,800) to participate in the Singularity University Summer Program, an interdisciplinary program based at the NASA Ames campus in Silicon Valley, where his father is a trustee 
Jain has been interviewed by major media outlets, including CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Inc. on entrepreneurship and philanthropy. In a recent article for the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of International Information Programs, Jain wrote about the transformational power of entrepreneurship for young people around the world.
Jain's Kairos Society has been named a partner organization to President Obama's Startup America initiative and received funds from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce under the initiative. He was selected as a speaker at the Youth International Economic Forum in St Petersburg, Russia in June 2011 alongside business leaders such as Eric Schmidt and Esther Dyson.
- Brady, Diane. "Humin, an Address-Book App Built on Connections". Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Bell, Karissa. "First Look at Humin, the App That Wants to Take Over Your Phone".
- Tweedie, Steven. "Meet Humin, The Brilliant App That Wants To Turn The iPhone's Contacts System On Its Head Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/humin-app-for-never-forgetting-names-2014-8#ixzz3kKWhUgY1". External link in
- Buhr, Sarah. "Humin Launches Knock Knock, An App For College Kids To Contact Each Other Without Exchanging Numbers".
- Bertoni, Steven. "New App Knock Knock Wants To Make You Less Awkward".
- Mims, Christopher. "Meet Your Digital Butler: a 'Social OS'".
- Ransom, Cliff. "Best of What's New: Humin".
- Tweedie, Steven. "Richard Branson and Will.i.am invested in this new app that makes it easier to connect with people at parties Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/knock-knock-app-backed-by-richard-branson-and-william-makes-connecting-at-parties-easier-2015-8#ixzz3kKYNSQxJ". External link in
- Snieder, Jeff. "http://www.thewrap.com/wme-invests-in-digital-butler-app-humin-ari-emanuel-will-i-am-richard-branson-among-beta-users/". External link in
- "Meet Ankur Jain, the Best-Connected 21-Year-Old in the World". Inc.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Ankur Jain, Founder of Kairos Society". Inc.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "30 Ideas from People Under 30". CSM.com. 2012-01-04. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- Bertoni, Steve. "30 Under 30: The Young Tech Stars Turning Your Iphone Into Your Life's Remote Control".
- Kairos Society's Mission & Vision
- The Huffington Post, Nathaniel Cahners Hindman. Kairos Society Student Entrepreneurs Take Over NYSE Trading Floor. Mar 27, 2011.
- Bloomberg, Rebecca L. McClay. Kairos Society Helps Student Entrepreneurs Test Best Ideas for Startups. Feb 22, 2011
- Jain's Reference
- Inc., Donna Fenn. Why Being Unreasonable Pays Off. Mar 1, 2011.
- CNN Money. Student CEOs ready for takeoff. May 10, 2011.
- IIP Digital, Ankur Jain. Young Entrepreneurs Remake the World. May 10, 2011.
- TechCrunch, Sarah Lacy. Hey Obama, Where’s the Startup Visa in the Startup America Plan? (TCTV). Feb 3, 2011.
- The hill, Peter Schroeder. U.S. Chamber increasing investment in young entrepreneurs. Jan 31, 2011.
- Youth International Economic Forum, St. Petersburg. Breaking Down Walls. Jun 15-17, 2011.