Anna Brechta Sapir
8 May 1952
|Title||Professor of the Study of the Abrahamic Religions (2015–present)|
|Institutions||Faculty of Theology and Religion, University of Oxford |
Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford
Anna Brechta Sapir Abulafia, FRHistS (born 8 May 1952) is a British academic who specialises in religious history. Since 2015, she is the Professor of the Study of the Abrahamic Religions in the Faculty of Theology and Religion at University of Oxford and a Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.
Abulafia specialises in the history of relations between Jews and Christians in the European Middle Ages. She once commented that when she asked her father whether she would stoke antisemitism by publishing an article on the subject, he replied that "Antisemites ... were not created by work like mine; they existed already without it and had no interest in historical analyses".
On 1 April 2015, she was appointed the Professor of the Study of the Abrahamic Religions in the Faculty of Theology and Religion at University of Oxford and became a Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.
- Christians and Jews in the Twelfth-Century Renaissance, Routledge, 1995.
- Christians and Jews in Dispute. Disputational Literature and the Rise of Anti-Judaism in the West (c. 1000-1150), 1998.
- Religious Violence between Christians and Jews: medieval roots, modern perspectives, Palgrave MacMillan, 2002. (Editor)
- Christian-Jewish relations, 1000-1300. Jews in the service of medieval Christendom, Routledge, 2011. (Medieval World Series)
- "Anna Sapir Abulafia: "Doing the King's Service: The Jews in Medieval England"". Ihr.ucsc.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- Abulafia, Anna. "Gentile Tales: The Narrative Assault on Late Medieval Jews". History Today. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Dr Anna Abulafia appointed to Oxford Chair — Faculty of History". Hist.cam.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-10-02. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- Prof Anna Abulafia. Lady Margaret Hall. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Dr Anna Sapir Abulafia — Cambridge Forum for Jewish Studies". Jewishstudies.group.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Abulafia, Anna Sapir - View scholar details - European Association for Jewish Studies". Eurojewishstudies.org. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "ABULAFIA, Prof. David Samuel Harvard". Who's Who 2017. Oxford University Press. November 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "PROFILE: Prof traces his roots back to pre-Inquisition". Jewish Telegraph. 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "Religious Violence Between Christians and Jews - Anna Sapir Abulafia - Palgrave Macmillan". Palgrave.com. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|