Anna B. Baranowsky
|Alma mater||University of Ottawa|
|Occupation||Clinical Psychologist and CEO|
Anna B. Baranowsky is a Canadian Clinical Psychologist and the founder and CEO of the Traumatology Institute (TI). She works with trauma survivors and those with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on post-traumatic growth and recovery. Baranowsky also assists organizations and professionals who help trauma survivors. The mandate of the Traumatology Institute is to raise awareness about Post-Traumatic Stress and trauma informed care options.
Baranowsky founded the Traumatology Institute in 1998. The Traumatology Institute offers comprehensive trauma training and mental health care services with a specialization in Post-Traumatic Stress. The TI provides both in-class and online training opportunities under the direction of Dr. Baranowsky and her associates.
She serves on the board of directors of the Academy of Traumatology and is a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress through the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress and is recognized by The National Center for Crisis Management. She has published in the area of Post-Traumatic Stress, compassion fatigue, and therapeutic relationships (the Silencing Response).
Baranowsky is also the author of the best seller Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization & Recovery (2015, 3rd Ed., Baranowsky & Gentry) and What is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma (2012, Baranowsky & Lauer), a 2013 International Book Award finalist (Health category).
Her accomplishments include the development of:
- Clinical Traumatologist Program (online + in class)
- Community & Workplace Traumatologist Program (online + in class)
- Compassion Fatigue (online + in class)
- School Crisis Response Certificate Program (online)
- Trauma Recovery Program for trauma survivors and those with PTSD (online)
- 30 Day Video Stabilization program (online)
- Ask Dr Anna YouTube series - free weekly video on posttraumatic growth and recovery.
and the co-development of:
- Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue
- Traumatology Institute Training Curriculum
- TeleMental Health Introductory Program
and provides international presentations on:
- Compassion Fatigue
- trauma treatment and interventions.
Aside from running the Traumatology Institute, her most current work involves creating free weekly videos on posttraumatic growth and recovery on her YouTube channels, What is PTSD and Dr. Anna Baranowsky.
Dr. Anna Baranowsky received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa. She was recently named as one of the Top 20 Women in Defense World (Canadian Military) by Esprit de Corps (magazine) in March 2016.
Traumatology Institute (Canada)
The Traumatology Institute (Canada) was established in 1998 following intensive course development at Florida State University in 1997 with experienced traumatologist's Dr. Anna B. Baranowsky, Dr. J. Eric Gentry, Dr. Charles Figley, and Kathleen Dunning.
Dr. Anna B. Baranowsky established the Traumatology Institute (Canada) in 1998. It was at this point that the independent curriculum currently being offered was further developed and enhanced by Dr. Baranowsky and Dr. Gentry. This comprehensive curriculum leads to competency in Field Trauma Response, Clinical Traumatology, Community & Workplace Traumatology, Compassion Fatigue Care, and School Crisis Response Certificate Program. The Traumatology Institute Training Curriculum (TITC) provided foundational training for those Certified Traumatologists involved in recovery interventions for over 4,700 people following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City and thousands of traumatologists nationally and internationally. Traumatology Institute-trained clinicians have continued to offer services wherever called to action.
- "Back to school blues can follow you for life, psychologists say" Toronto Star. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "How the Ontario Provincial Police deals with officers’ PTSD" Toronto Star. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Holiday stress" CBC News. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Traumatology" Beyond Trauma: Conversations on Traumatic Incident Reduction. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Trauma response training at York U. will set new standard for assisting victims" York University Media Relations. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "Silencing Response" Encyclopedia of Trauma: An Interdisciplinary Guide. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "About the Authors" Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization & Recovery. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "The 2013 International Book Awards" International Book Awards. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Appendix G" Measuring Caring: International Research on Caritas as Healing. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Online Courses and Training" American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. Retrieved 2015-12-08.