Annelies Verbeke in 2011
|Born||6 February 1976|
|Alma mater||Gent University|
Verbeke studied language and literature at Gent University before attending a scriptwriting course in Brussels. In 2003, she gained instant fame with her first novel Slaap! (Sleep!) when 70,000 copies of the Dutch edition were sold. The story has since been published in 22 countries The award-winning work was highlighted for the way in which it showed how people with various backgrounds were all looking for fulfillment.
- (2003) Slaap! (Sleep!)
- (2006) Reus (Giant)
- (2009) Vissen redden (Saving Fish)
- (2015) Dertig dagen (Thirty Days)
- Short story collections
- (2007) Groener Gras (Greener Grass)
- (2012) Veronderstellingen (Presuppositions)
- Other works
- (2013) Tirol inferno (Tirol Inferno), prose poem
- (2014) Onvoltooid landschap (Unfinished Landscape), short story
- (2009) Stukken (Pieces)
- (2010) Rail Gourmet (Rail Gourmet)
- (2010) Almschi
- (2012) Flow My Tears
- "Annelies Verbeke". Goodreads. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Annelies Verbeke" (PDF). De Geus. Retrieved 29 January 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Annelies Verbeke". passa porta. Archived from the original on 30 January 2015. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Annelies Verbeke". Nederlands letterenfonds. Retrieved 29 January 2014.