|Birth name||Annabel Holland|
|Born||26 August 1965|
|Genres||Alternative rock, indie rock, Britpop|
Holland had an Elastica song named in her honour. "Annie" was written by guitarist Donna Matthews and her friend Jane Oliver and is about going down to Brighton to visit Holland, which is where she spent most of the time when the band were not working.
Holland left the band after the Féile Festival on 6 August 1995. Although she had some well-publicised arguments with Matthews about the future of Elastica, Holland left because she was fed up with the constant touring and was suffering quite badly from repetitive strain injury. At the time Elastica had been on the road for almost a year, and with even more dates being added to their schedule, Holland decided enough was enough.
The touring just got too much, I missed my friends and family in Brighton. We'd been on the road for months and I'd been looking forward to a break after T in the Park and the Feile Festival. But then we were offered the Lollapalooza tour and I couldn't face it.
Holland re-joined Elastica in 1999 and remained a member until the band's demise in 2001.
On 21 January 2017 Elastica's official Facebook page posted photos featuring three quarters of the original line-up – Holland, Matthews and Justin Welch – during a visit to Abbey Road Studios in London. Mastering engineer Sean McGee tweeted that he had just "cut a record for Elastica today" and that the band members "hadn't seen each other for 20 years." The specific details of the record have yet to be announced, but in response to fan comments regarding lead singer Justine Frischmann's absence in the photos, the Facebook page stated that, "Justine's involved in what's happening too."
- "Elastica: News". Stutter.demon.co.uk. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Project Elasticated – Elastica news, lyrics, discography, gigs, articles, photos and more". Elasticated.org. Archived from the original on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Derogatis, Jim (6 March 1995). "Elastica Upholds 'Anything Goes' Ideal". Chicago Sun-Times.
- "Welcome Back Elastica Band | News". Nme.Com. 13 June 1999. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'They hadn't seen each other for 20yrs': Elastica are back in the studio - Vanyaland". 21 January 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)