Anse Chastanet is a beach north of the Caribbean island town of Soufrière, Saint Lucia. Sheltered on the lee side of the Pitons mountains, the Anse Chastanet Marine reserve is known for excellent scuba diving and snorkeling. Beach facilities are managed by the private Anse Chastanet Resort, but public access is permitted. A dive center is also located near the beach. Anse Chastanet is adjacent to the black sand Anse Mamin.
Anse Chastanet resort is located on a rugged 4WD road, 29 km north of Hewanorra International Airport and 3 km north of Soufrière. The original hotel was built in the 1960s, but was later purchased and redesigned by Nick Troubetzkoy. Travel guides rate it as a premiere resort and, in 2000, the A&E television channel listed it among their world's "top ten romantic getaways."
Anse Chastanet Resort is St. Lucia's only resort property with the iconic view of both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea. The resort encompasses a private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with pristine coral reefs just offshore. The resort property includes the historical plantation of Anse Mamin and Emerald Estate where the resort grows its own organic produce.
The resort has 49 rooms, spanning the beach to hillside. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tiptoe up a flower decked hillside. To make the most of the panoramic views and the refreshing tradewinds octagonal whitewashed cottages come with wraparound flower draped balconies and louvered windows.
Anse Chastanet Resort has been voted as a premier Caribbean destination over its decades of operation. In 2015 it was voted the Number 2 "Best Hotel in the Caribbean and Americas" by Condé Nast Traveller and was also voted a top 50 Caribbean Resort in 2014.
- Cummings, Stuart (December 1996). "Anse Chastanet Reef". Sport Diver 4 (6): 91.
- Sullivan, Lynn (2008). Domina & St. Lucia Alive!. Hunter Travel Guides. Hunter Publishing. p. 208. ISBN 1-58843-262-9.
- Sullivan, Lynn (2007). Adventure Guide St. Lucia 2007. Hunter Travel Guides. Hunter Publishing. p. 223.
- Cooper, Paulette (2002). The Most Romantic Resorts for Destination Weddings, Marriage Renewals & Honeymoons. S.P.I. Books. p. 34. ISBN 1-56171-914-5.
- "Anse Chastanet Resort". Anse Chastanet. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Readers’ Travel Awards 2015 (Condé Nast Traveller)". Condé Nast Traveller. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "50 Best Resorts in the Caribbean: Readers Choice Awards 2014 - Condé Nast Traveler". Condé Nast Traveler. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
|This Saint Lucia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This diving-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|