||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ansel Krut graduated with an MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art in 1986, after which he was awarded the Abbey Major scholarship to the British School in Rome. He attended the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris (1982-1983), and completed his BA in Fine Art at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (1979-1982).
Krut’s technique is to construct the surfaces of his canvases with layers of colourful paint. There is a strong relationship to the structure of drawing and use of flattened pictorial space. Each canvas carries a particular and spirited character: fans, vortexes, geometric angles, dynamic and judiciously suggestive organic shapes recur throughout his compositions, revealing an abstracted, abject portraiture.
- Jonathan Griffin (April 2010) "Ansel Krut" Archived January 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., Frieze. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- Colin Perry (20 January 2010) "Ansel Krut", Art in America. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Exhibition by Ansel Krut at Jerwood". Hastings & St Leonard's Observer. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Wyatt, Daisy (14 April 2014). "Ansel Krut at Jerwood: Interview with artist and first look at new paintings". The Independent. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Ansel Krut is represented by Stuart Shave/Modern Art in London
- Stuart Shave/Modern Art
- Ansel Krut on Contemporary Art Daily
- Ansel Krut at the Saatchi Gallery
|This article about a painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|