|Education||Solvay Business School|
Anthony Asael (born 1974) is an international photographer who works for the Getty agency (previously Corbis. He is of Turkish and Italian origin. He is also the founder of the not-for-profit organization Art in All of Us. Anthony Asael has traveled through, photographed and taught in all 193 UN member countries.
Art in All of Us
Anthony graduated from Solvay Business School in Belgium. He held several management positions at various IT and telecommunication companies. In 2004 he decided to dedicate to the non-profit sector and founded Art in All of Us, an organisation that claims to promote tolerance and cultural exchanges in schools. Having traveled throughout the world and encountered with different cultures, Asael aims at giving a right of expression to children and building more tolerance through artistic exchanges and communication. He wants Art in All of Us to be the international platform of child art exchanges, promoting tolerance and creative cultural exchanges while using the universal language of Art.
The World Art Book of Art in All of Us (also called Art in All of Us, The World seen through the Eyes and Rhymes of the Children) was launched the 20 of November 2009 at the United Nations in New York in the frame of the 20 years anniversary of the Children Rights Convention. It presents in one book each of the 193 UN member countries through a local child, with a single portrait and a drawing and a poem by the child. Anthony Asael was the main photographer in this expedition.
Asael's artwork and photography have been shown in over 80 exhibitions since 2000. His exhibitions "Colors and Scents", "The 8 Millennium Goals", "Children Rights", "Know your World" and the "Children World Art Tour" has toured through 5 continents. He was featured in 2006-2008 within exhibitions on the Millennium Goals in Brussels, Milan, Antwerp, Toronto, New York and in Santiago for the 60th anniversary of the Unicef. The Children World Art Tour was launched in 2010 at Antwerpen-Centraal railway station and Tour & Taxis in Brussels.
Awards and recognition
He and Art in All of Us has also been honored at the UNICEF for the 20 years anniversary of the Children Rights Convention and exhibited in the UNICEF headquarters for the event at the same time as launching their World Art Book .
- September 2012 - Princess Laria and the Cow Coloring Book, Kitanie, 1st Edition, USA, ISBN 978-1935734482
- September 2011 - Children of the World, Rizzoli, 1st Edition, USA, ISBN 978-0-7893-2267-8
- November 2009 - Art in All of Us, The World seen through the Eyes and Rhymes of the Children, RE Producciones, 1st Edition, Chile, ISBN 978-2-8052-0037-3
- November 2009 - Si Tous les Enfants du Monde, Playbac Éditions, 1st Édition, France, ISBN 978-2809603057
- "Anthony Asael, Photographer for Corbis", Retrieved 23 November 2015
- "Anthony Asael, Founder of Art in All of Us" Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- Emily Trice "Hand Signals" Soma Magazine Retrieved 21 November 2015
- "The Best Travelled Ranking", Retrieved 23 November 2015
- Andrea Vergara "El mundo con ojos de niño", El Mercurio (Chile) Retrieved 23 November 2015
- "Travellers Point Interview", Retrieved 23 November 2015
- Ameena Rojee "Featured Interview: Anthony Asael", Fuel Magazine Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Urban Portraits" Archived March 5, 2016, at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Art in All of Us on CNN Chile (In Spanish)". CNN Chile. 15 May 2009. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Mission of Art in All of Us" Retrieved 29 November 2015
- Amy Bennett "Focus on children’s rights: UNICEF launches photo exhibit and film festival"UNICEF, Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Livro reúne fotos e desenhos de crianças de todos os países do mundo" [Book brings together photos and drawings of children from all countries of the world] (in Portuguese). BBC News. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Exhibition list of Asael around the world" Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Millennium Goals Exhibition". 15 May 2009. Archived from the original on 6 October 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Imagenes que quieren cambiar el mundo"La Nacion (Chile) Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Because everyone starts out little"Flanders Today, Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Art in All of Us exhibits at World Expo 2012 in South-Korea and at Rio+20" Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Civil society partnerships of Unicef" Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Annual Report of Art in All of Us"
- "Musee du Sourire – Anthony Asael (In French)". 15 May 2009. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Le Festival du Sourire (in French)" Retrieved 29 November 2015
- "Anthony Asael, Grand Prix du Festival du sourire 2009 (in French)" 20 Minutes Retrieved 29 November 2015