This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
October 26, 1983
|Other names||Toya Carter|
|Occupation||Television personality, rapper, businesswoman, author|
(m. 2004; div. 2006)
(m. 2011; separated 2015)
|Partner(s)||Red Rushing (2017–present)|
Antonia "Toya" Johnson (born October 26, 1983) is an American reality television personality, rapper, businesswoman, and author. She wrote a book called Priceless Inspiration, as well a memoir titled In My Own Words..My Real Reality, How To Lose A Husband, and You Just Don't Get It with her daughter, Reginae Carter. She owns a boutique called G.A.R.B., in New Orleans, Louisiana, and GARB Shoetique in Smyrna, Georgia. Johnson starred in her own reality show on BET called Toya: A Family Affair which consisted of 16 episodes of one season in 2011.
At age 12, Toya and rapper, Lil Wayne met when she was at a corner store and Wayne was standing outside in New Orleans, Louisiana. She became pregnant with their daughter at the age of 14. Lil Wayne was already signed to Cash Money Records as a burgeoning rapper. He ultimately chose to fully pursue his rap career with Cash Money Records in order to support his child. When she was 15 and Lil Wayne was 16, Johnson gave birth to their daughter, Reginae Carter on November 29, 1998. Years later, upon Lil Wayne achieving stardom, they were married on February 14, 2004. In January 2006, however, after almost two years of marriage, the couple separated, citing her inability to cope with his lifestyle, most specifically his career keeping him away from home for long periods of time. Despite being divorced, the two have remained good friends and continue to raise their daughter together.
On June 18, 2011, Toya and Memphitz were married in Atlanta. The wedding guest list included rapper Rasheeda, Tameka "Tiny" Harris, Kandi, Nivea, Lauren London, Monica Brown, and Tamar Braxton-Herbert.
In February 2015, Toya confirmed that she and Wright had separated after almost four years of marriage. On July 31, 2016. Toya's brothers Josh and Rudy were gunned down in New Orleans while inside of their car.
On February 8, 2018, Johnson gave birth to baby girl, Reign, with her boyfriend, Atlanta sports manager and owner of 2 Commas clothing brand Robert "Red" Rushing.
|2009-2010||Tiny and Toya||Herself||Main Cast|
|2011||Toya: A Family Affair||Herself||Main Cast|
|2014||My Super Sweet 16||Herself||Main Cast|
|2016||Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars||Herself||Main Cast|
|2017—present||Growing Up Hip Hop: Atlanta||Herself||Supporting Cast|
2018 Friends and Family Hustle Main Cast
- Toya Carter: BET Reality Star & Lil Wayne's Ex Wife To Release Memoir. BV on Books (2010-10-28). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- Diaz, Evelyn. "It's War! Toya Blasts Tamar and She Claps Right Back". BET.com. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- Antonia "Toya" Carter Grand Opening of The GARB Boutique ~ itsarkeedah|Fashion.Lifestyle Blog. Itsarkeedah.com (2010-10-26). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- thejasminebrand (1 December 2012). "Toya Wright Launches 'GarbShoetique' Store in Atlanta - theJasmineBRAND".
- Toya Carter's Original Series ‘Toya: A Family Affair’ Premiering April 19 On BET. Hiphopwired.com (2011-01-07). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "Lil Wayne Throws Daughter Reginae Carter Awesome Sweet Sixteen, Nicki Minaj Performs". Music Times. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Web.archive.org (2008-08-22). Retrieved on 2011-07-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-10. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Toya Wright's brothers shot and killed". July 31, 2016. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "Toya Wright Gives Birth to Baby Girl". February 9, 2018. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- thejasminebrand 2018">thejasminebrand (January 15, 2018). "[Update]: Toya Wright's Secret Baby Daddy Revealed At Baby Shower + Monica, Rasheeda, Monyetta Shaw Attend [Photos]". theJasmineBRAND :: theJasmineBRAND. Retrieved March 3, 2018.