|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2015)|
|Industry||Mobile application management|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
Number of employees
|50 - 100|
Mobile application management
Enterprise mobility, the consumerization of IT and the bring your own device movement are combining to flood the business IT environment with personal smart phones and tablet computers. Appian technology was intended to address problems with devices such as iPads used in businesses. Mobile application management (MAM) is designed to securely manage the usage of these devices from their early applications – email, calendar and document storage/management – to new apps, many developed internally, supporting fundamental business processes such as sales force automation, point of sale transactions, and executive decision support.
Apperian’s mobile application management (MAM) platform allows administrators (IT or business leaders) to secure, manage, distribute and monitor enterprise mobile apps for the iOS operating system on Apple iPhone and iPad devices, Android OS devices, and Windows Phone devices. The platform can also be used for user acceptane testing of business-to-consumer and business-to-business mobile apps.
Privately held and based in Boston, Apperian was founded in January 2009 as a third-party developer of enterprise iPhone apps before announcing EASE in 2010. Its founder, Chuck Goldman, was the head of Apple’s professional services division and its iPhone Enterprise Beta Program. Additional company founders include Steven Brykman and Raegan McCain. Apperian raised $1.9 million from angel investors in July 2009. They closed a $9.5 million venture capital round of financing in early 2011 from North Bridge Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers’ iFund, CommonAngels and LaunchCapital. Apperian closed a $12.4 million round in March 2012 from original investors, an added an additional strategic investment from Intel Capital bringing the company's total financing to $28 million. In 2015 the company reported that they doubled new bookings year-over-year, increased new business pipeline by over 300% and delivered over 1.5 million enterprise app downloads.
- Huang, Gregory T., Apperian Adds $9.5M from North Bridge, Bessemer, Kleiner Perkins, Looks to Dominate in Enterprise Mobile Apps, xConomy.com Boston 2011-3-29
- Larry Seltzer (October 10, 2012). "Apperian Delivers Remote Control of iPhone, iPad". InformationWeek. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Roush, Wade, Apperian Readying Enterprise App Store for iPhones and iPads, xConomy.com Boston, 2010-4-5
- Tom Kaneshige (July 19, 2011). "iPad Apps: Is Apple Courting the Enterprise?". CIO. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Rachael King (November 2, 2010). "Mobile Business Apps Flourish at IBM, Google". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- ViziApps integrates seamlessly with Apperian EASE for Enterprise App Management, viziapps.com, 2013-9-18
- Simon Mackie (March 29, 2011). "Apperian Gets $9.5M Funding to Tap Enterprise Mobility Boom". Giga Om. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Carr, David F., "Apperian Extends Enterprise Mobile App Management to Android," Information Week, 2011.11.18
- "Apperian Introduces Large-Scale Solution for User Acceptance Testing of Mobile Apps". HighBeam Research. August 25, 2014. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- Sarah Borup, Apperian Sets New Standard in Enterprise App Store Solutions, PR Newswire, 2014-10-1
- Adam Satariano and Douglas MacMillan (May 19, 2011). "Apple Alumni Don't Fall Far from the Tree". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Roush, Wade, Founded by Apple Vets, Apperian Gets Down to Business, xConomy.com Boston 2009-3-5
- John Cox (October 5, 2009). "Wireless and Mobile Companies Worth Watching". CIO. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- CrunchBase Apperian Profile
- "Mobile Industry on the Move February 14". Mobile Enterprise. February 14, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.