Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up appointment or appoint in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Appointment may refer to:
- The prerogative power of a government official or executive to select persons to fill an honorary position or employment in the government (i.e. political appointments, poets laureate).
- Power of appointment, the legal ability of a testator to select another person to dispose of the testator's property
- Recess appointment, a method of filling vacancies under U.S. federal law
- Appointment, a form of Royal Warrant
- List of positions filled by presidential appointment with Senate confirmation
- Judicial appointments in Canada, made by the federal government or provincial government. Superior and federal court judges are appointed by federal government, while inferior courts are appointed by the provincial government
- Warrant of Appointment, an official document presented by the President of Ireland to persons upon appointment to certain offices
- Papal appointment, the oldest method for the selection of the pope
- Appointment of Catholic bishops, in the Catholic Church is a complicated process
- Appointment of Church of England bishops, follows a somewhat convoluted process, reflecting the church's traditional tendency towards compromise and ad hoc solutions, traditional ambiguity between hierarchy and democracy, and traditional role as a semi-autonomous state church. (Suffragan bishops are appointed through a much simpler process, reflecting their status as directly responsible to their diocesan bishop.)
- Letter of appointment, in Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints history
- Appointment to the Order of Canada, the process by which Canadians citizens or certain foreign persons are inducted into the Order of Canada, an act that is Canada's second highest civilian honour within the country's system of honours
- Court appointment, one of the traditional positions within a royal, ducal, or noble household
- The Appointment, a 1969 psychological drama
- The Appointment (novel), published in German in 1997 and in English in 2001
- Appointment, a means of funding Postdoctoral research
- Appointment, New York City cultural tradition of taking close friends out to dinner on the evening of ones birthday, originated in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2009.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Appointment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.