April 1 Vidudala
|April 1 Vidudala|
|Produced by||P. V. Bhaskar Reddy|
|Written by||L. B. Sriram (dialogues)|
|Cinematography||M. V. Raghu|
|Edited by||Uma Shankar Babu|
Poorna Teja Creations & Sri Sravanthi Movies (presents)
April 1 Vidudala (transl. Released on April 1) is a 1991 Telugu-language comedy film, produced by P. V. Bhaskar Rao under the Poorna Teja Creations banner, presented by Sri Sravanthi Movies and directed by Vamsy. It stars Rajendra Prasad, Shobhana in the lead roles and music composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was recorded as a Super Hit at the box office. The film was remade in Tamil as Sathyavan, starring Murali, Gautami, in Kannada as Mr. Harishchandra, starring Mohan, Anu Prabhakar and in Odia as Jabardast Premika, starring Babushan, Jhilik Bhattacharjee in the pivotal roles.
The film begins on Divakaram (Rajendra Prasad) coming late to video-shoot a marriage, where he sees Bhuvaneswari(Shobana) and falls head over heels in love. He then gets hold of Bhuvaneswari's maternal uncle, V. P. Jagannatham (Pradeep Shakti) and gets information about Bhuvaneswari. He gathers that she respects only people who are self-sufficient and straightforward. He also finds out that she is not married and is about to get transferred to Rajahmundry (where he stays) soon. She works as a railway booking clerk. So Divakaram comes back to Rajahmundry and gets permission from the doctor (Shubha), who raises him as her foster child, to use the front veranda in her house for his video shop. In order to secure the capital, he uses all kinds of tricks. He blackmails Bhagyam [(Jayalalitha)], cheats Chinna Rao (Mallikarjuna Rao) and claims a chit which he never was a member of, and so on. Finally, starts the video shop. That's when Bhuvaneswari enters the scene. All the while Jagannatham writes him letters in her name, making Divakaram assume that she is in love with him. Finally, when she lands in Rajahmundry he approaches taking marriage proposals. It's then that he realizes that he had been cheated by Jagannatham. Meanwhile, she finds out all of Divakaram's mischief through the neighbors. To teach him a lesson, she puts forward a deal that she would marry him only if he stays out of cheating, and does not utter a lie in a month. Divakaram goes for it. Here we see all the problems of Divakaram gets into because of the deal he had with Bhuvaneswari. He discloses the murder done by his friend. This enrages his friend who comes out of jail as there is no proof of his murder. In the climax, his friend is killed and Divakaram goes to jail but is acquitted as Dr. Krupa Mani (Shubha) confesses to the murder as an act of self-defense and he comes back to win the hand of Bhuvaneswari.
- Rajendra Prasad as Divakaram:
He goes to any extent to get his things done. He loves Bhuvaneswari and wants to marry her. He is sincere in his love and comes what may determine to keep his words to prove his love. In this process, he suffers in the end for his earlier mischief. He was raised by Dr. Krupamani as her own son.
- Shobana as Bhuvaneswari:
She works as a Railway Booking Clerk. She is very straightforward and doesn't like anyone to go against the rules. She makes the deal with Divakaram to get rid of him, but finally falls in love with him seeing his sincerity.
- Krishna Bhagavan as Gopichand:
He is a friend of Divakaram. He kills his friend when he refuses to marry his sister after having an affair with her.
- Mallikarjuna Rao as Chinna Rao:
He is in love with Bhagyam, even though he is already married twice and he thinks he is a superstar and wants to marry her. In that process, he gets cheated by Divakaram.
- Rallapalli as Sharma
- Sakshi Ranga Rao as Murthy
- Pradeep Shakthi as V. P. Jaganatham, Bhuvaneswari's uncle
- Bheemaraju as Rama Murthy
- Kallu Chidambaram as Beggar
- Shubha as Dr. Krupamani, guardian of Divakaram
- Jayalalita as Bhagyam
- Jaya Vijaya as Bhuvaneswari's mother
- Y. Vijaya as Murthy's wife
- L.B. Sriram as Barber
The film was shot in one location in two weeks.
- Director: Vamsy
- Producer: Bhaskar Reddy P.
- Cinematography: Raghu M. V.
- Music Director: Ilaiyaraaja
- Playback Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chitra and Mano
- Dialogues: L. B. Sriram
|April 1 Vidudala|
|Film score by|
Music was composed by Maestro Ilaiyaraaja. All songs are blockbusters. Music was released on ECHO Audio Company. The song "Chukkalu Temmanna" was reused from Raja's own song "Chithirai Sevvanam", which was composed for Kaatrinile Varum Geetham.
|1.||"Themanna"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Mano, K. S. Chithra||5:09|
|2.||"Okkate Aasa"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||4:43|
|4.||"Ompula Vaikhari"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||5:04|
|5.||"Matante Matenanta"||Vennelakanti||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||5:00|
- "April 1st Vidudala (1991)"
- "Watch April 1 Vidudala | Prime Video". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- "Telugu Cinema Database". Archived from the original on 2 February 2008.
- "Rajendra Prasad roped in for 'Adhugo' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- kavirayani, suresh (19 May 2019). "Rallapalli Venkata Narasimha Rao: A protean Telugu artiste". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- "April 1st (Vidudala)". Raaga. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Raaga.com. "April 1 Vidudala Songs Download, April 1 Vidudala MP3 Songs, Raaga.com Songs". www.raaga.com. Retrieved 22 October 2019.