Jump to navigation Jump to search
Arbuthnot baronets of Edinburgh (1823)
Baronets Arbuthnot of Edinburgh
- Sir William Arbuthnot, 1st Baronet (1766–1829)
- Sir Robert Keith Arbuthnot, 2nd Baronet (1801–1873) married Anne Fitzgerald, daughter of Field Marshal Sir John Forster FitzGerald, G.C.H., and his wife, Charlotte, child of the Hon. William Hazen. Lady Arbuthnot's Chamber is named after Lady Anne, who died at Florence, Italy, 6 March 1882, her husband having predeceased her on 4 March 1873. The couple had five sons and two daughters.
- Sir William Wedderburn Arbuthnot, 3rd Baronet (1831–1889)
- Rear Admiral Sir Robert Keith Arbuthnot, 4th Baronet (1864–1916), commander of the Royal Navy's 1st Cruiser Squadron; killed in action at the Battle of Jutland on 31 May 1916, knighted KCB posthumously 
- Sir Dalrymple Arbuthnot, CMG, DSO, 5th Baronet (1867–1941), younger brother of 4th baronet
- Major Sir Robert Dalrymple Arbuthnot, 6th Baronet (1919–1944), 24th Lancers, killed in action at Normandy on 30 June 1944
- Sir Hugh Fitzgerald Arbuthnot, 7th Baronet (1922–1983), younger brother of 6th baronet; married Julia Grace, daughter of Major General Frederick Peake
- Sir Keith Robert Charles Arbuthnot, 8th Baronet (born 1951), educated at Wellington College and the University of Edinburgh.
Coat of arms
Arbuthnot baronets of Kittybrewster (1964)
The Arbuthnot Baronetcy of Kittybrewster in the County of the City of Aberdeen was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom on 26 February 1964 for John Sinclair Wemyss Arbuthnot, for services to church and state.
Baronets Arbuthnot of Kittybrewster
- Sir John Sinclair Wemyss Arbuthnot, 1st Baronet (1912–1992)
- Sir William Reierson Arbuthnot, 2nd Baronet (born 2 September 1950), educated at Eton College, Berkshire and The College of Law, London.
Coat of arms
- "No. 17846". The London Gazette. 24 August 1822. p. 1386.
- Morgan, Henry James, ed. (1903). Types of Canadian Women and of Women who are or have been Connected with Canada. Toronto: Williams Briggs. p. 344.
- Mosley 2003, p. 125
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 120. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- "No. 43262". The London Gazette. 3 March 1964. p. 1985.
- Media related to Arbuthnot baronets at Wikimedia Commons