Archgoat performing live at the Black Flames of Blasphemy Festival in 2009
|Genres||Black metal, death metal, war metal|
|Labels||Necropolis, Hammer of Hate, Blasphemous Underground, Debemur Morti Productions|
|Associated acts||Torture Killer
Archgoat is a Finnish black/death metal band formed in 1989 by brothers Ritual Butcherer on guitar and Lord Angelslayer on bass and vocals. The members of Archgoat openly identify with the philosophy of Satanism and the Occult as expressed in their lyrical content, which also consists of anti-Christian themes.
Archgoat formed in 1989 in Turku, Finland, though they did not release their first recording, titled Jesus Spawn, until 1991. Then in 1992, the band landed a record contract with Necropolis Records. In 1993, their MLP, Angelcunt (Tales of Desecration), was released. Later that year Archgoat entered into a full-time studio deal with Necropolis. However, after their recording sessions, a disagreement with terms of their contract resulted in the band refusing to release the finished material to the public.
In 1993, Archgoat began an extensive hiatus, citing their belief that they did not belong in a "commercial" black metal scene. The band did not reform until 2004, when they released their 1993 material as a 7" EP, titled Angelslaying Black Fucking Metal, through Hammer of Hate Records. Their show, First Live Black Mass, concert was recorded in Finland in 2005. Drummer Sinister Karppinen became the band's permanent drummer in this time. Their debut LP Whore of Bethlehem was released in September 2006, and they embarked on a European tour in spring 2007 with Black Witchery. A live split of this tour was released as Desecration & Sodomy in 2008.
Their newest EP, titled Heavenly Vulva, was released in October 2011; their latest album, titled The Apocalyptic Triumphator was released in January, 2015. In July 2015 it was announced that longtime drummer Sinister Karppinen left the band and was replaced by VnoM.
- Whore of Bethlehem (2006)
- The Light-Devouring Darkness (2009)
- The Apocalyptic Triumphator (2015)
- Angelcunt (Tales of Desecration) (1993)
- Angelslaying Black Fucking Metal (2004)
- Heavenly Vulva (Christ's Last Rites) (2011)
- Jesus Spawn (1991)
- Penis Perversor (1993)
- Archgoat and Black Witchery (2008)
- Messe Des Morts / Angel Cunt (1999) (with Beherit)
- Lux Satanae (Thirteen Hymns Of Finnish Devil Worship) (2015) (with Satanic Warmaster)
- Angelslayer "Growls of the Fullmoon" vocals, bass guitar - (1989–1993, 2004–present)
- Ritual Butcherer "Axe of Black Mass" guitar - (1989–1993, 2004–present), bass guitar (2014-2015)
- VnoM drums - (2015-present)
- Blood Desecrator "Bombardment" drums - (1989–1993)
- Sinister Karppinen drums - (2005–2015)
- Leneth the Unholy Carnager drums - (2004-2005)
- Maggot Wrangler drums - (2015)