|Founded||Los Angeles, California, U.S. (2003 )|
|Headquarters||Glendale, CA, USA|
Number of locations
|Michael Kaplinsky, CEO
Vladimir Berezin, President
Scott Schafer, EVP, Sales, Marketing, Service & Quality
Raul Calderon, Senior VP, Operations, Engineering & Product Management
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
2011 Inc. 500 List www
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
History of Arecont Vision
Arecont Vision was founded in 2003 by Michael Kaplinsky and Vladimir Berezin in Southern California. The company has offices in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. It maintains channel partners, including systems integrators, value-added resellers, dealers and distributors. In 2012, Arecont Vision reported their eighth consecutive year of double digit sales growth, with a 25.5% increase in revenues.
On November 5, 2014 Arecont Vision announced they will provide video surveillance cameras for SpaceX, a private company that designs, manufactures, and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft for NASA and other organizations. The high performance megapixel cameras are being deployed on the SpaceX Dragon spacecraft, which is utilized by NASA to deliver supplies and science experiments to the International Space Station.
The Arecont Vision MegaDome® series of IP cameras include a 1.3 MP to 5 MP camera, lens and IP66 dome housing. The MegaDome®2 Series comprises H.264 cameras, lenses and housings, with remote focus, zoom and auto-iris and relatively high frame rates.
MegaVideo® Compact Series
The Arecont Vision MegaVideo® Compact series of IP cameras are smaller than some other cameras and provide 1.3 MP to 10 MP resolution.
The Arecont Vision SurroundVideo® series of IP cameras are 180° and 360° panoramic-view products including an 8 MP or 20 MP camera, lenses and IP66 dome housing.
The Arecont Vision MegaView™ series of IP cameras include a 1.3 MP to 5 MP camera, lens, IP66 bullet-style housing and optional infrared (IR) array.
The Arecont Vision D4F/D4S series of IP cameras include a 1.3 MP to 10 MP camera, lens and vandal-resistant dome housing.
Arecont Vision's Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) megapixel cameras provide a dynamic range of up to 100dB representing up to a 50dB improvement compared to traditional non-WDR cameras, which is equivalent to 300 times wider dynamic range.
Camera Manufacture Partner of the Year Award - 2011 and 2014
Government Security Awards
Platinum Govie Awards
Gold Govie Awards - 2012 to 2015
Best CCTV Products 2014 Award
Security Industry Association
Chairman's Award - Scott Schafer - 2015
Super Star Vendor Achievement Award - 2014
Outstanding Vendor Award - 2012, 2013 and 2015
Security Sales and Integration
Top 30 Technology Innovations of 2014 - SurroundVideo® Omni
Vendor of the Year - 2012 and 2013
China Public Security Expo
Golden Cauldron - 2011 and 2013
- Bloomberg Businessweek. "Company Overview of Arecont Vision LLC." Retrieved Apr 13, 2012.
- Santec Video. "18-01-2012 Business relationship between Sanyo Video and Arecont Vision[permanent dead link]." Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- MegaVideo Product Information. "MegaVideo." Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- MegaDome Product Information. "MegaDome." Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- SurroundVideo Product Information. "." Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Bloomberg Businessweek. "Michael Kaplinsky." Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Bloomberg Businessweek. "Vladimir Berezin." Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- InsideView. "Arecont Vision appoints sales manager for Latin America." Apr 9, 2012. Retrieved Apr 12, 2012.
- businesswire.com, Arecont Vision Sustains Double Digit Growth for 8th Consecutive Year, March 21, 2012, retrieved April 3, 2012
- SourceSecurity.com. “Arecont Vision Deploys Megapixel Surveillance Camera On SpaceX Dragon Spacecraft.” November 5, 2014. December 2, 2014.
- SecurityInfoWatch.com, Arecont Vision launches MegaDome camera series, January 19, 2009. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Security Sales & Integration, Arecont Vision MegaDome 2 Series Camera Archived December 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., November 14, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Security Products, Arecont Vision Expands Compact Megapixel Line with Five New Cameras, August 12, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- SDM, Products & Services, October 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- SecurityInfoWatch.com, Arecont Vision introduces MegaView all-in-one day/night megapixel cameras, October 8, 2010. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Security Electronics & Networks. "Arecont Vision Unveils 100dB WDR Megapixel Cameras Arecont Vision Unveils 100dB WDR Megapixel Cameras." Retrieved November 8, 2012.