Arkansas Highway 148
|Maintained by ArDOT|
|Length:||4.61 mi (7.42 km)|
|West end:||AR 151 near Blytheville|
|East end:||Mississippi River levee near Blytheville|
|Length:||8.81 mi (14.18 km)|
|West end:||AR 181 near Dell|
|I-55 in Burdette|
|East end:||US 61 in Burdette|
|Length:||3.53 mi (5.68 km)|
|West end:||AR 135 in Black Oak|
|East end:||AR 139|
Highway 148 (AR 148, Ark. 148, and Hwy. 148) is a designation for three east–west state highways in the Upper Arkansas Delta. One route of 4.61 miles (7.42 km) begins at Highway 239 and runs east to a Mississippi River levee. A second route of 8.81 miles (14.18 km) begins at Highway 181 and runs east to US Highway 61 (US 61) in Burdette. A third route of 3.53 miles (5.68 km) begins at Highway 135 in Black Oak and runs east to Highway 139. All routes are maintained by the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD).
Highway 239 to Mississippi River
Highway 181 to Burdette
It begins heading east from an intersection with AR 181 through very rural farmlands until it enters Burdette town limits as it interchanges with I-55's Exit 57. After winding through some curves in downtown Burdette, it ends at an unsignalized intersection with US 61.
Black Oak to Highway 139
The highway begins at Highway 135 (Main St) in Black Oak south of downtown. Highway 148 runs due east as a section line road to Highway 139 in eastern Craighead County near the Mississippi County line.
|Mississippi||||0.00||0.00||AR 235 north|
|||3.52||5.66||AR 151 north|
|||4.61||7.42||Mississippi River levee||End of state maintenance|
|Gap in route|
|Burdette||5.81||9.35||I-55 – Blytheville, Memphis||Exit 57 (I-55)|
|8.81||14.18||US 61 – Blytheville, Osceola|
|Craighead||Black Oak||0.00||0.00||AR 135|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- System Information and Research Division (2014). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (MDB). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- State Highway Route and Section Map - Mississippi County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Mississippi County map Retrieved on August 28, 2009.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Craighead County map Retrieved on August 28, 2009.
- State Highway Route and Section Map - Craighead County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. November 27, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2013.