Armstrong–Ringsted Community School District
Armstrong–Ringsted Community School District (A-R) was a school district headquartered in Armstrong, Iowa.
It operated Armstrong–Ringsted Elementary School, Middle School, and High School.
It was established on July 1, 1979, by the merger of the Armstrong School District and the Ringsted School District.
At one point the district joined a grade-sharing arrangement, in which a school district sends its students to another district's schools, that had been already established between the Sentral Community School District and the North Kossuth Community School District. This new agreement began on July 1, 2012. At the same time Matt Berninghaus became the superintendent of Armstrong–Ringsted.
On July 1, 2014, Armstrong–Ringsted merged with the Sentral district to form the North Union Community School District. The merger passed in the Armstrong–Ringsted district by 291–42 and in Sentral by 78–18, and the approval was through a total of 86% of voters in both school districts.
- "Armstrong-Ringsted." Iowa Secretary of State. Retrieved on July 15, 2018. Armstrong detail map.
- Home. Armstrong-Ringsted Community School District. November 14, 1999. Retrieved on July 15, 2018.
- "REORGANIZATION & DISSOLUTION ACTIONS SINCE 1965-66 Archived 2018-06-19 at the Wayback Machine." Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved on July 20, 2018.
- "Northern Iowa voters OK school merger". Fairmont Sentinel. 2013-06-26. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- Tidemann, Michael (2012-02-27). "A-R hires Berninghaus as superintendent". Estherville Daily News. Retrieved 2020-03-28.