Arnold Wall CBE (15 November 1869 – 29 March 1966) was a notable New Zealand university professor, philologist, poet, mountaineer, botanist, writer and radio broadcaster. He was born in Nuwara Eliya, Ceylon in 1869. His daughter Hilary married the adult educator Norman Richmond in 1926.
Wall was appointed Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 1956 Birthday Honours. He received an honorary doctorate (DSc) from the University of New Zealand in 1960.
- Deverson, Tony. "Arnold Wall". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved December 2011.
- Horton, Christopher. "Norman Macdonald Richmond". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved December 2011.
- The London Gazette: . 25 May 1956. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- University of New Zealand. Roll of Graduates (PDF). Wellington: Whitcombe & Tombs Limited. pp. 3–4. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Author Query for 'A.Wall'". International Plant Names Index.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Arnold Wall|
|This article about a New Zealand botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a New Zealand writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|