In May 2019, the State Bureau of Investigation started criminal proceedings into the accusation that Sytnyk had several free vacations at a luxury hunting estate in Rivne Oblast, with friend and businessman Mykola Nadeyko paying the bill for hotel accommodation, food and expensive entertainment. The court of first instance found Sytnyk guilty of corruption and sentenced him to a fine of UAH 3,400 (US$144 in 2019). In December 2019, the court of appeals in Rivne upheld the guilty ruling and sentence. The law on NABU states that a "final and binding conviction" is a reason for dismissal from the post of NABU director.
A draft resolution on the dismissal of Sytnik as the head of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau was registered in Ukraine's parliament on 7 February 2020. On 28 August 2020 a Constitutional Court of Ukraine ruling concluded that (former) President Petro Poroshenko had exceeded his powers by when appointing Sytnyk as head of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau in his 16 April 2015 decree. The ruling did state that it did not change "legal relations that have arisen as a result of the performance of official duties by the person appointed by the above-mentioned decree."
- "Artem Sytnyk: "Our task is to break the stereotypes of society accustomed to living in a corrupt environment"".
- "Court found Sytnyk guilty of corruption so he has to leave office".
- "Senior Ukrainian official says he's opened probe into US election interference".
- "Kyiv Court: Lawmaker's Release Of Manafort Documents Interfered In U.S. Election".
- "UPDATE: Publication of Manafortpayments violated law, interfered inUS election, Kyiv court rules" (PDF).
- "Appeal Court: Sytnyk And MP Leschenko Did No Act Illegally By Disclosing That Manafort's Name Is In Party Of Regions' 'Black Ledger'".
- "Elite leisure in Rivne region: Court finds NABU head Sytnyk guilty of corruption".
- "Corrupter in law. Why Zelensky must dismiss Sytnyk just now". dsnews.ua. Delovaya Stolitsa. 13 December 2019. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- (in Ukrainian) The people's deputies registered the decree on release of Sytnik, Ukrayinska Pravda (7 February 2020)
- (in Ukrainian) The Constitutional Court announced the decision on Sytnyk: Poroshenko exceeded his authority, Ukrayinska Pravda (28 August 2020)
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (December 2019)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artem Sytnyk.|