Arthur Davies (priest)
Very Rev. Arthur Whitcliffe Davies (30 August 1878 – 14 September 1966) was an American-born Anglican priest in the 20th century. He was the son of British businessman Theophilus Harris Davies, founder of Theo H. Davies & Co.
Davies was born in Honolulu, where his father was a prominent businessman. He was educated at Uppingham School and University College, Oxford and ordained in 1908. Between then and 1928 he was a lecturer and then principal of St. John's College, Agra. Returning to England he was General Secretary of the Church Assembly Missionary Council until his appointment in 1934 as Dean of Worcester, a post he held for 15 years.
- "Very Rev. A. W. Davies". The Times. The Times Digital Archive. 17 September 1966. p. 10.
- Who was Who; 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- The Clergy List, London, Kelly's, 1913
- "Dean Of Worcester Canon A. W. Davies Appointed". The Times. The Times Digital Archive. 15 November 1934. p. 14.
- "Resignation of the Dean Of Worcester". The Times. The Times Digital Archive. 4 June 1949. p. 4.
|Church of England titles|
William Moore Ede
|Dean of Worcester
1934 – 1949
William Ernest Beck
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|