This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||170 m (560 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Arumbavur is a panchayat town in Perambalur district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is also famous for woodensculptures such as temple cars,wooden statues, wooden doors which is done and exported all-over the world
Arumbavur is located at  It has an average elevation of 170 metres (560 ft).It is surrounded by pachamalai hills in the South and West..
As of 2001[update] India census, Arumbavur had a population of 12,124. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Arumbavur has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate. 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The schools currently running at this location are
- Primary Schools at Arumbavur and A.Mettur
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Shanthiniketan Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Swami Vivekananda Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Sri Raghavendra Higher Secondary School
- Swami Vivekananda Polytechnic College
- Galaxy nursery and primary school
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Arumbavur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.