|Elevation||170 m (560 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Arumbavur is located at  It has an average elevation of 170 metres (560 ft).It is surrounded by pachamalai hills in the South and West..
As of 2001[update] India census, Arumbavur had a population of 12,124. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Arumbavur has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate. 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The schools currently running at this location are
- Primary Schools at Arumbavur and A.Mettur
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Shanthiniketan Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Swami Vivekananda Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Sri Raghavendra Higher Secondary School
- Swami Vivekananda Polytechnic College
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Arumbavur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.