Arvind Mohan Kayastha
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Arvind Mohan Kayastha|
|Born||August 1, 1960
Dharmsala, Himachal Pradesh
|Fields||Plant Biochemistry, Enzyme Technology|
|Institutions||School of Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University|
|Alma mater||Banaras Hindu University|
|Doctoral advisor||O. P. Malhotra|
Arvind Mohan Kayastha (Hindi: अरविन्द मोहन कायस्थ) (A.M. Kayastha), born August 1, 1960 at Dharmashala, is Professor and Coordinator of School of Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (India) and an established scientist in the field of Plant Biochemistry and Enzyme Technology. He is Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India and National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, India.
Education and personal life
Kayastha has long association to the campus of Banaras Hindu University (BHU). He earned his B.Sc. (1979) and M.Sc. (Biochemistry) (1982) from the Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University. He did Undergraduate Diploma in German Language from Department of German Studies, BHU in 1983. He earned a Ph.D. in Enzymology from the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in 1988 under the guidance of the O. P. Malhotra. Kayastha earned his postdoctoral research experiences at National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States and also at University of California, Riverside, CA, United States.
After having postdoctoral research experiences in National Institutes of Health and University of California United States, Kayastha returned to India and decided to join his Alma mater BHU as a faculty. He joined School of Biotechnology as a faculty in October, 1990. He became full Professor at School of Biotechnology in October, 2007. Presently, he is Coordinator of School of Biotechnology (BHU) since May, 2013. He was also Coordinator of Centre of Bioinformatics, School of Biotechnology (2010-2013). Kayastha has mentored 16 Ph.D. scholars from his laboratory at BHU.
A. M. Kayastha has published more than 100 journal articles and several papers have got extensive citations in science community. He has also contributed with Book chapters / monograph to eight bioscience books.
Awards and recognitions
Kayastha has received a number of awards, medals and prizes in science community. He serves as an expert editorial board member to several peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Fellow, The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) (2003)
- Fellow, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS), India (2007)
- "CNR Rao Education Foundation Award for Excellency in Scientific Research" from Banaras Hindu University, April, 2012.
- Associate, Indian Academy of Sciences (Bangalore) (1991–95)
- Member, American Nano Society Society, Society of Biological Chemists (India) and Indian Biophysical Society.
- Visiting Professor, External Expert on the Board of Studies (Botany) and In-charge of Distance Education Centre, Varanasi, for Dayalbagh Educational Institute (DEI) (Deemed University), Agra
- Editorial Board Member of Protein and Peptide Letters (Bentham Science Publishers); Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine (KHU Press, Korea); Associate Editor, Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology (Springer); Founder Editor, Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, (Serials Publications) and Associate Editor, Agricultural Research (Springer)
- Expert Committee Member in Biotechnology under Special Assistance Programme (SAP), University Grants Commission (India) (2015 onwards)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arvind Mohan Kayastha.|
- "Professor, School of Biotechnology, BHU".
- "Fellow, The National Academy of Sciences, India".
- "Education of Prof. A.M. Kayastha".
- "Centre of Bioinformatics, Banaras Hindu University".
- "Arvind M Kayastha - research profile on BiomedExperts".
- "ARVIND M KAYASTHA - PubMed - NCBI".
- "The National Academy of Sciences, India - Fellows".
- "National Academy of Agricultural Sciences:Current Fellows".
- "Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences, India".
- "Member, American Nano Society, USA".
- "Life Member, Society of Biological Chemists (India)" (PDF).
- "Life Member, Indian Biophysical Society, India" (PDF).
- "Distance Education Study, Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra" (PDF).
- "Editorial Advisory Board- Protein & Peptide Letters".
- "Editorial Board Member- Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine".
- "Editorial Board Member- Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology".
- "Editorial Board Member- Journal of Proteins and Proteomics".