Sorry for the Disturbance
|Sorry for the Disturbance|
|Arabic: اسف على الإزعاج|
|Directed by||Khaled Marei|
|Produced by||Walid Sabri|
|Written by||Ayman Bahgat Kamar|
|Starring||Ahmed Helmi, Menna Shalabi, Mahmoud Hamida, Dalal Abdel Aziz|
|Music by||Amr Ismail|
United Bros. Cinema
|Box office||L.E. 15 million|
Sorry for the Disturbance (Arabic: اسف على الإزعاج — āsef ʿala el-ezʿāg) (2008) is an Egyptian film starring Ahmed Helmi and Menna Shalabi. The movie revolves around the life of a troubled young aviation engineer (Helmi). Although he is successful at his job, and leads an ordinary life, he feels lonely, out of place, and depressed. One day he meets a beautiful girl at a cafe (Shalabi), and starts dating her. His life is turned upside down, as he learns that he is suffering from schizophrenia, and that he has been having visual hallucinations of his late father, and his girlfriend.
The film was one of the two highest grossing films in Egypt of 2008, earning over L.E. 15 million. The film won first prize at the Egyptian National film festival and won the Dear Guest magazine award for best movie of 2008. Helmi won the Egyptian Catholic Center Cinema Festival award for Best Actor for the third year running, and the film won Best Film, Best Director, Best Script, and Best Production.
- Awad, Sherif (August 2008). "et Film: at a cinema near you". Egypt Today. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- Kamal, Abdullah (23 July 2008). "But messages do not reach the President". Alrai newspaper (in Arabic). Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- Fahim, Joseph (25 July 2008). "THE REEL ESTATE: Helmy’s best performance to date is not laughing matter". Daily News (Egypt). Retrieved 2009-07-06.[dead link]
- Abdoun, Safaa (31 July 2008). "Egyptian films suffer during short summer season". Daily News (Egypt). Retrieved 2009-07-06.[dead link]
- فيلم اسف على الإزعاج يقتنص الجائزة الأولى. Panet (in Arabic). 3 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- "DG Festival". Dear Guest magazine. March–April 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- MOHAMED OMAR / EPA (28 February 2009). "Egyptian actor Ahmed Helmy poses with his award for best actor". Picturedesk. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- "Pack of cards". Al-Ahram Weekly. 5–11 March 2009. Archived from the original on 25 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- Sorry for the Disturbance on Internet Movie Database
- Gomaa, Mahmoud (6 August 2008). ""Sorry for the Disturbance" review". Al Jazeera (in Arabic). Retrieved 2009-07-07.
|This article related to Egyptian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|