Ashley Goldsworthy is a former Australian Liberal Party Federal President. He currently hold the deputy chair title on the Brisbane Catholic Education Council. His CV is below:
Professor Ashley Goldsworthy OBE AO KM
As Chairman of the Education & Training Committee of the Business Council of Australia Professor Goldsworthy was instrumental in establishing the Business/Higher Education Round Table, which was launched by the Governor- General in 1990.
• B-HERT Director 1990-95 and 2008 to date; President 1995-97; Executive Director 1997-2008.
• Has extensive business career - former Chairman/CEO of billion dollar corporations, domestic and international, in the construction (then largest construction company in Australia), housing, hotel, gaming (casinos), property development, information technology, and banking and insurance industries.
• Former member of the Business Council of Australia.
• Currently Chairman/CEO of companies in the fields of information technology,
education and training, finance, and human resources.
• Prior to business career was Director of Economic Statistics for the Australian
• Former roles include:
o Dean of the School of Business and Professor of Leadership at Bond University;
o Federal President and Life Member of the Liberal Party;
o Member of Federal Government's Industry Research & Development Board; Australian-American Fulbright Commission; Australian Science and Technology Council; Australian Payments System Council; National
Library; and Australian Law Reform Commission;
o Chairman of the Centre for International Research on ICT at RMIT
o President and CEO, Australian Computer Society;
o World President of the International Federation for Information
Processing, and in 1999 achieved the rare honour of being elected an
Honorary Member of that body.
• In 1996 the Peoples Republic of China honoured him by electing him a Fellow
of the Chinese Institute of Electronics.
• Degrees in accounting, business, science, public administration, theology,
and canon law.
• Community service includes the Scout Association, Arthritis Foundation, Red
Shield Appeal, National Gallery of Victoria; Queensland Theatre Company (Chairman), Australian Ballet, Queensland Ballet (Life Member), and Queensland Performing Arts Trust.
• Awarded Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 1982; Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in 1991; Centenary Medal in 2003; Knight of Malta (KM) in 2009.