Ashley David Stevenson
Stevenson in 2007
|Born||30 September 1958|
|Service/||Royal Air Force|
|Years of service||1981–2013|
|Commands held||No. 83 Expeditionary Air Group (2011–12)|
Royal Air Force College Cranwell (2008–10)
Kandahar Airfield (2007–08)
RAF Wittering (2005–06)
No. 3 (Fighter) Squadron (1998–00)
|Battles/wars||War in Afghanistan|
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Queen's Commendation for Brave Conduct
Stevenson was commissioned into the Flying Branch as a flying officer from the ranks of the RAF on 25 February 1982. He conducted his flying training in the USA on the T-37 and T-38 aircraft, completing using the Hawk in the UK.
He was awarded the Queen's Commendation for Brave Conduct in 1992 for his actions in an ejection situation following a bird strike  of his two-seat Harrier T.4 in 1991, where he rescued his rear seat passenger (the first woman to eject from a British combat jet) after she landed in the aircraft's burning wreckage. This was Stevenson's second ejection from a Harrier after he had ejected from a GR.5 in 1989.
As Officer Commanding No. 3 (Fighter) Squadron, Wing Commander Stevenson commanded the detachment of Harrier GR.7 aircraft deployed during the Sierra Leone crisis, the first operation conducted by the combined RAF/Royal Navy Joint Force Harrier.
Stevenson served as Station Commander RAF Wittering for two years and, on promotion to air commodore, was appointed Air Commodore Force Development Headquarters in No. 1 Group on 27 November 2006.
Stevenson was appointed to the newly created NATO post of Commander Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan in July 2007. He then became Commandant Royal Air Force College Cranwell and Director of Recruiting in April 2008.
- Supplement to The London Gazette of Thursday, 8 April 1982 (No. 48947) retrieved 8 April 1982
- RAF College Cranwell gets new commandant retrieved 9 April 2008
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette of Monday, 27 July 1992 (No. 53002) retrieved 27 July 1992
- Harriers return from Sierra Leone retrieved 11 June 2000
- Royal Air Force Officer Promotions – 1 July 2007 retrieved 1 July 2007
- Royal Air Force Air Rank Appointments List 9/06 retrieved 13 October 2006
- Royal Air Force Air Rank Appointments List 2/07 retrieved 21 February 2007
- Royal Air Force Air Rank Appointments List 08/07 retrieved 11 October 2007
- "No. 60173". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 June 2012. p. 6.
| Officer Commanding No. 3 (Fighter) Squadron
| Station Commander RAF Wittering
| Air Commodore Force Development Headquarters
|New creation|| Commander Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
| Commandant Royal Air Force College Cranwell