|Born||11 May 1968|
|Alma mater||University of Sarajevo|
|Pragmatism, Neo-Marxism, Ethics, Ethnic nationalism, Existentialism|
Asim Mujkić (born 11 May 1968) is a Bosnian philosopher and sociologist. Educated at the University of Sarajevo, he works in the areas of ethics, phenomenology, philosophy of existence, philosophy of identity, social and political theory and theories on ethnicity. He has written particularly extensively on ethnicity and identity, ethnic phenomenology, existentialism, and on the works and thought of Richard Rorty and John Rawls. He is a professor at the University of Sarajevo.
He studied philosophy and sociology at the University of Sarajevo where he graduated in 1991. He earned his post-graduate degree from the same institution in 1998 with a thesis on the neopragmatism of Richard Rorty. In 2002 he earned his PhD with a thesis on the antiessentialist character of the philosophy of pragmatism. He was named Centennial Professor and head of the departament of philosophy at the Faculty of Political Science in Sarajevo, lecturing on the subjects of introductory philosophy, ethics and political ethics. He is the chairman of the Association of Bosnian political scientists, as well as the deputy editor-in-chief of the Odjek journal for the arts and humanities. He is one of the founders of the Open University of Sarajevo.
- Neopragmatizam Richarda Rortyja, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, 1999.
- Kratka povijest pragmatizma, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, 2005.
- Mi, građani Etnopolisa, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, 2007.
- Pravda i etnonacionalizam, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, 2010.
- "Intervju prof. dr. Asim Mujkić: Probosanski identitet je teško ugrožen". Novovrijeme.ba.
- "Asim Mujkić: Plašio bih se da sam dio političke elite u BiH". N1.
- "Asim Mujkić: Ravnopravno doprinosimo u raspravi oko važnih političkih problema". Oslobođenje.
- "Asim Mujkić: SDA nema šta slaviti, a što se tiče tzv. ljevice koja se otima za bošnjačke glasove, mogu reći da..." Depo.ba.
- "Odsjek za filozofiju, sociologiju i politologiju" (PDF). University of Sarajevo.
- "UČO I EIRONIK". Odjek.ba.
- "Uskoro počinje šesti Otvoreni univerzitet Sarajevo pod nazviom "Šta da se radi?"". Radio Sarajevo.