Asli Hassan Abade
|Asli Hassan Abade|
Asli in the 1970s
|Native name||اصلي حسن عَبادة|
|Birth name||Asli Xasan Cabaade|
|Born||Jijiga, Somali Region|
|Service/branch||Somali Air Force|
Asli Hassan Abade is a prominent Somali pilot, military figure, and civil activist.
Somali Air Force
In the mid-2000s, Asli waged a peace campaign, encouraging lawmakers to come together and put an end to the long-standing civil conflict in her native Somalia. Attending every major political function dressed in the colors of the Somali flag, she reportedly commanded the respect of all the attendees. For her efforts in the reconciliation process that took place in neighboring Arta, Djibouti, which saw the establishment of the Transitional Federal Government, she was accorded the codename Calansida ("The Flag-bearer").
- "Somali Leader Rallies Kinsmen; Ahmed Meets Twin Cities Diaspora, Asks U.S. Officials to Help Aid Stability At Home". St. Paul Pioneer Press. 5 October 2009. pp. A5.
- "The History of Somali Aviation Resource Center". Somavires. Mogadishu, Somalia: Somali Aviation Resource Center. 2013. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Flying the flag for Somali peace". BBC. 7 October 2004. Retrieved 22 March 2010.
- The Rise and Fall of the Somalia Airforce: A Diary Reflection
- "Somali president rallies with Twin Cities diaspora". St. Paul Pioneer Press. 10 May 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2015.